Foggysail or Sagenspezi ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadiver5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've finally begun a repair on my Stihl 056. I bought this saw new in the early 80's and the Bosch ignition went out about 3 years ago. In that time I've considered different fixes. I would have preferred installing points however I don't have the correct crankshaft for that. There have been several NOS Bosch ignitions that have popped up on Ebay however the same issue may crop up quickly and they are all very expensive so I tend to lean away from that. The Sagenspezi ignition keeps the electronics in the "hotbox" just like the original and the Foggysail repair seems a little funky. To that end is there anyone out there who have performed both the Sagenspezi and Foggysail repairs and is there one you prefer over the other and if so why? BTW I already have the parts for the Foggysail fix so sourcing parts for that isn't an issue.

Kevin

I’ve done the Foggy Sail repair many times. I too have an 056 that has been repaired in that manner.
Works good, lasts a long time. I have some good pictures of the process if you want to see.

Back