For Real or Sarcastic??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian, I like the Blakes. Anyway it's hard to picture a bunch of tree guys being sensitive. I've learned that life is tough and people are honest. Most people need to get a tougher skin and not let people get to them. Some times people tend to read way to deep into what people say. When what others are saying is just as simple as what the point is. It takes a while to learn this, but once you do life will be much easier. Some people are just blunt in their words and others think about what they say. Either way both mean no harm to the individual they are talking to. Life is short live it to the fullest and don't let everything people say get under your skin.
BB:angel:

Brian, Congrats on the decision to quit. You HAVE been a little grumpy lately;) but this site just wouldn't be the same without you.-Brian aka our favorite squirrely guy.;) Hmm... that doesn't sound good at all.

:angel:

Brian,

Good to hear that you're of the smoke. [Insert chuck on the shoulder here... ]

Something to consider the next time you decide to be grumpy and be brutally honest...think back to the toleration and encouragement that you got a number of months, barely two years, I think, from the denizens of the various forums. Its one thing to blast directly at someone you know, quite another to rip on newbies to the forum. How does that encourage people to stick around and get to know your true character, and the other characters here? If the bouncers scare 'em at the door, they probably won't come back.

Maybe it's my late sixties upbringing but I really don't see the need to expect that everyone here get a thick skin to participate. Is that a right of passage that I missed?

Tom

The occasional sarcastic response is well worth everything that can be learned from this site. Sometimes the type of work day one had will manifest itself into one's post/response. Don't take it personal (like I once did). Anyone who has been a member of this site knows who the smart a*** here are, but these are usually the guys with the most knowledge to share. I personally, am just glad this site is here for us.

Rocky sarcastic? Come on! He’s a cool guy who goes out of his way to help.

Hell even Mike Mass who serves out more than Brian deserves more credit for his help than he gets. But hold on here! Is something brewing between JPS and mike Mass?:heart: Could a love story be in the works:heart:? ;)

Make love-not war :angel:

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Was next to someone smoking a couple days ago and it smelled sooooooo goooood!

It takes a while, but in a few months it will start to smell vile.

You man never get over the desire fot the "social crutch" wanting something in your hand, or the ritual of lighting up...

I quit at least 5 times, for extended periods. Months at a time.

Now my only vice is caffine (oh and certain internet activites...) though I've come to see my reading habits as an adiction. I become testy if I have not had a good book in my hands for a few days...

But hold on here! Is something brewing between JPS and mike Mass?[/QUOTE]

Actually Mike is a really nice guy in person. We've tipped more then a few bottles together at variouse conventions tha past few years, and met for group breakfast a few times too.

Hey Rocky! I'm the new guy that gaffs everything, can't sharpen a saw and has used a Blake's.(all my posts) The only thing I can teach YOU is how to be a bigger a$$hole. On second thought no I couldn't;) But seriously I'm an a$$hole myself, you just beat me to the punch:)

Stay tuned for more of my amateur questions. I know they make everyone feel so smart.:D

Steve, You probably wear loggers boots too. They go hand in hand (hand in foot...hoof n mouth?) with bunions.;)

Being as this thread is about to be deleted by the Deletenator, I thought this might be a good time to bring up a question. Could there be a forum where the deleted threads get moved to?
It could be only open to those with 50 or more posts or something like that. Or maybe the threads would only be there for a week or so. It might take some of the sting out of the rampant editing that goes on on this forum.

Wow....

I thought I was the most insensitive prlck of all on here...

When did I drop out of 1st place?:confused:

RockyJBrian,
Half the reason people come here is for the tips they pick up, the rest of the reason is the fun, the personalities, the jokes, the fights, ect.
If all you want is how to climb, go read the Tree Climbers Companion, there's more info in there than two arboristsites.
This site should be about fun too.
Let's say you and Nate fight about something, then for the two months you two are taking jabs at each other, and nobody knows why because the original thread was deleted. We then don't know the source of the animosity or who was at fault. It might look like you are the bad guy when in fact Nate bashed you. This is hypothetical, but you get the point.
Yesterday MonkeyPutz and I went at it (again), it was all in good fun but the thread got deleted before I could even read his response. There was more info in the part that got deleted than the remaining truncated thread(Petzel Helmets in the Tree). Apparently, JPS was concerned because the thread went to how workers look in different helmets( and the "P" word was used). I think this is a valid topic for discussion, not to mention it was a fun thread!
Many times it's when people get worked up that the best arguements and points are made.

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel

And what purpose would be served by creating all that extra work, Mike? Why waste the bandwidth? I don't like JPS's editing all the time either, but if you put all the posts he's deleted in 2 years together, there wouldn't be 3 minutes of worthwhile reading there. Or do you just want to double-check what John thinks is inappropriate here? Maybe he can email all the crap to your inbox instead of deleting it. You can share it with Bob and you two can archive it forever. :rolleyes:

There's no bandwith wasted if no one reads the posts.

If it was left to you in one of your snitty moments, no one's posts would be saved.

I kept the problem letters to my forums in what I called The Zoo. Ask Jabs about it--

It's a shame you can't see value in different things and different opinions; you'd make a great Nazi. :rolleyes:

Go back to smoking; it'd make our lives a lot easier.

Bob Wulkowicz

I finally realized how much of a sweet-heart Maasssholeeo is. The e-mail was sweet too. And Mike, if your going to the EXPO wear a shirt with your name on it,your the first one I'll be looking for.:p

Yes, I'll be there.
I'm asking the guys who I haven't met yet to let me know what weapon they will be using, so I can recognize them.
So say I see a guy comming at me with a sock full of quarters, then I can say, "Look there's Bill," or a guy with a bat, "Oh, there's Jim."

Originally posted by Steve Bunyan

Stay tuned for more of my amateur questions. I know they make everyone feel so smart.:D

That is a big problem, you suggest to someone that their way is not the fastest and there are better techniques to explore, you are suddenly an A$$hole. Enjoy your snap, arborplex, and go airhump up a rope!!

Bob, why should anyone give a rat's ass about valuing other opinions here. I think that is a lost point. Tolerating opinions and placing opinions in the proper places is what we need here.

Go back to smoking; it'd make our lives a lot easier.
Why do you let him get your goat Bob?

It's a shame you can't see value in different things and different opinions; you'd make a great Nazi.

Why cant you see the value in different things and opinions including a jack-booted Nazi opinion??

In the last 15hrs, I have been to Memphis, Amsterdam, and now Munich. WTF am I posting here?? Just an attempt to stay awake to beat the jet lag.

.02 Feel the love.

Originally posted by Mike Maas
Yes, I'll be there.
I'm asking the guys who I haven't met yet to let me know what weapon they will be using, so I can recognize them.
So say I see a guy comming at me with a sock full of quarters, then I can say, "Look there's Bill," or a guy with a bat, "Oh, there's Jim."

I was thinking it would be nice to meet all the Asiters at the expo. Now I think maybe it will be a brawl.
Either way, it should be fun.

Originally posted by TREETX
I was thinking it would be nice to meet all the Asiters at the expo. Now I think maybe it will be a brawl.
Either way, it should be fun.

None of this acridmoany would exist if JPS would increase his moderator duties to handing out codpieces for strutting around.

Nothing more entertaining than watching a bunch of knuckle-draggers in high peacock. :rolleyes:

Bob Wulkowicz

Back