For Real or Sarcastic??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe just give them all Petzl helmets?

I would not make a good Nazi or Baathist, I have a problem with killing people. I could do it, but .....

Maybe we should say something like University Administrator instead. They have been getting a rap lately for speach and print restrictions :D

Originally posted by Bob Wulkowicz
None of this acridmoany would exist if JPS would increase his moderator duties to handing out codpieces for strutting around.

Wrong, Bob.
He should have deleted this thread a long time ago. Then we wouldn't have to strut our codpieces...heehe I always wanted to write codpiece in public. :p

I don't know if this helps, but I've noticed that JP is less likely to delete posts if you get him involved. It's got to be hard to get rid of threads you have participated in. That's the only reason I can come up with that this one still exsists.

Originally posted by Mike Maas

Wrong, Bob.

He should have deleted this thread a long time ago. Then we wouldn't have to strut our codpieces...heehe I always wanted to write codpiece in public. :p

I don't know if this helps, but I've noticed that JP is less likely to delete posts if you get him involved. It's got to be hard to get rid of threads you have participated in. That's the only reason I can come up with that this one still exsists.

Mike,

I came in as the 17th or so post in a thread started about RockyJ. Fairly good self-control given my tendency towards the runs.

My next post, I think, supported your suggestion of having a place to put these sportin' threads. It, and others like it, get a lot of viewers. I also gave the Rock a few gratuitous wings.

This is a thread of struts and put-downs. I learned put-downs on the streets of Chicago; if you didn't insult first, you got blasted. It's hard to abandon adolescence.

You're right; there ain't many places for JPS to be mischievious. ...besides buffing up the ol' codpiece...

or deleting threads. :cool:

Cod Wulkowicz

Oh Boy !!
I didn't mean to open such a can of worms by starting this thread.
But, I now must say that I have a better understanding of the personalities here. Everyone respones and you get to "know" that person by the response. So, the this thread worked for me. I now know that RockyJ is just rough around the edges with comments, but knows his stuff and is qiuting smoking. Sarcasium valid for up to 6 months. Anyway. this thread proved to be a social experiment that really brought alot of peopl out of the wood work to read and contribute. Like I said, I have a better understanding of everyone involved. That is a good thing.
this should not be deleted but looked at whenever someone does not hear what they want all the time or gets mad at anothers comment.
PS Will someone fill me in about the expo??
Thanks

Milling Masters Kevin's avatar he came up wit'bout a year ago, when we couldn't see the trees for the Forrest....

So, new name for this thread is "For really sarcastic"?

Orrrrrr something like that.
:alien:

Last edited:
I know I should keep my big mouth shut here, because the unknowns such as myself really escape alot of ridicule, but I got to speak up. I read the posts here for about a month before I decided to join up with this site. Rocky, JPS, Tom, and many others were the reason I joined. I love the fact that people say what's on their minds here. True, sometimes I think that people here can be somewhat puritanical in their philosophies, and pretty set in their ways, but usually because either education or experience has convinced them they are right in their perspective.
The reason I rarely post here is I don't have alot to say, that someone else isn't already saying. I will also continue to ask questions, get others viewpoints and glean all I can from anyone I can. After twenty five plus years in this business, I am thoroughly enjoying reading the input many of you are giving. The one I probably enjoy the most is Rocky aka Brian...maybe partly due to his confidence, (which may come off as arrogance if people don't follow his posts completely).
One thing I have learned, is I still have alot to learn. Thank you all for sharing because I am more than willing to learn from you.

Originally posted by oldugly

I know I should keep my big mouth shut here, because the unknowns such as myself really escape alot of ridicule, but I got to speak up. I read the posts here for about a month before I decided to join up with this site.

Rocky, JPS, Tom, and many others were the reason I joined. I love the fact that people say what's on their minds here. True, sometimes I think that people here can be somewhat puritanical in their philosophies, and pretty set in their ways, but usually because either education or experience has convinced them they are right in their perspective.

The reason I rarely post here is I don't have alot to say, that someone else isn't already saying. I will also continue to ask questions, get others viewpoints and glean all I can from anyone I can.

After twenty five plus years in this business, I am thoroughly enjoying reading the input many of you are giving. The one I probably enjoy the most is Rocky aka Brian...maybe partly due to his confidence, (which may come off as arrogance if people don't follow his posts completely).

One thing I have learned, is I still have alot to learn. Thank you all for sharing because I am more than willing to learn from you.

See.

Words is good.

Honest words is betterer.

Bob Wulkowicz

:angel:

Originally posted by Mike Maas
That's the only reason I can come up with that this one still exsists.

Every time I'm about to move it to trivia, soemone says Tree in a post.

Seriously the thread is about this forum and no one has been all that viscious yet.

If i deleted every inanity, then there would be hardly anything left on the site, except maybe "get the Companion from Sherrills"

or is a discussion on weather 3 or 4 wraps on a distal of earthmovaing consiquance

;)

Yes, whether to use 3 or 4 wraps on a distal is of earthmoving consequence. If you are using a rope system for moving earth.
:p

Originally posted by John Paul Sanborn

Every time I'm about to move it to trivia, soemone says Tree in a post.

Seriously the thread is about this forum and no one has been all that viscious yet.

If i deleted every inanity, then there would be hardly anything left on the site, except maybe "get the Companion from Sherrills"

or is a discussion on weather 3 or 4 wraps on a distal of earthmovaing consiquance

;)

Watch it, JPeepS. You are moving down that slippery slope toward reasonableness. Why did you edit Maass' post? Some sort of feral reflex? :D

tubs

Posts, but edits, yes that too.

Often i will go in and add some small peice of code, like the closeing slash, that got dropped.

I did not see one in this thread.

If you mean the pissing contest that they were having a while back...well that is why.

Rocky J Squirrel,

Quit smoking---more power to you! My wife quit after 20 years, overnight. Just like that. Not a nasty word from her.
Her partner quit after 30+ years. For about three months, not only would she take your head off, but anything within reach.
Both have added a...few...pounds, feel alot better, and have saved alot of $$$$$$$$$$$.

Keep up the good work.!!!!!!

Now about my cigars........won't go there.

I'm kind of like Oldugly-I read this for awhile when I couldn't get on the "official" site. But unlike Oldugly when I did jump in I landed on JPS with both feet for his lack of spelling expertise. Since that time(I think JPS just insists on keeping some of us on our toes from translating his musings) I have found this to still be a very informative site and find myself drawn to it like a moth to the porch light. The exchange of ideas, the varied backgrounds and the differences in lifestyles have just proven to me that in order to do a professional job we all have to be as informed as we can.
BTW would someone take the time sometime to clue in an ignorant typer like me what some of the acronyms are that are used?(I finally figured BTW out!!!!)
Also we just had some homeowner fall out of a tree this last weekend-as soon as I can get anymore details I will put them on the other thread.

The key for the letter before "B" died, E will be used insteed, be petient.

If you don't know whet en ecronym meens, you could just put up e query or do e seerch on the ecronym.

This should reely be the stert of e new threed.

Tom

So far.................

Climber's Specialty Acronyms:

CL -Control Line
DBH Diameter @ Breast Height
DdRT = Doubled Rope Technique (2 lines)
DRT = Doubled Rope Technique (1 line)
DNA - National Dyslexic Association
DWT = Double Whip Tackle
DZ- drop zone
FC/TIP - false crotch tie in point ----I object to the false crotch, it infers cutting into the trunk -JP
FL-foot lock
kV - 1,000 volts (that's 1000 killer volts!)
KZ - Kill Zone
LZ- lowering zone
LL -Load Line
MA-Mechanical Advantage
MTip - mechanical tie in point
OA = Overhead (Support) Anchor
SRT = Single Rope Technique
TIP - Tie in point
Z - is the ANSI Z-133 safety standards

CoB Center of Balance?
LonL Leg on Load?
KT Knot Tender?

Web Standard Chat Accronyms

Any additions or objections would be appreciated and spread around!

As it stood, prolly more now.......

Last edited:
Back