For Those Running The Stihl MS200T???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
replace ring with small non locking biner

i like small quick draw biner u can hook in a hurry. i never need 2 bail my saw because i can hook on my lanyard/d-ring/saw snap or just about anywere in a blink of an eye. it gives more options then a welded ring or tiny snap u should try this it has good results:rock:

woodchux said:
Dropped the 192t one time. It ran like **** afterwards. Took it to the dealer to be looked at. The boot around the carb was cracked causing an air leak.

Hey woodchux, did any fuel leak out of this boot around the carb?

Im having a bit of trouble with my saw from time to time, it seems some where in the cab there is a fuel leak but it only leaks sometimes. The air/fuel mix gets buggered up and the saw runs lean for a few seconds before coming right.... :help:

rahtreelimbs said:
Has anyone experienced any problems with the lanyard ring breaking on the 200T?

Never had any trouble from the ring on mine. Although I try not to drop it on my lanyard. Mainly because it is a break away bungee type. I did drop it from about 60ft in a white oak and cracked the chain break cover a little and bent the bar. I put a new bar and chain on it no problems so far, been almost a year ago.

John464 said:
we had one dropped using that ring and it hasnt run the same since. (Not to mention it almost decapitated one of my ground guys.) Idles for few seconds then starts revving up. I adjusted the carb many times and cant seem to get rid of this problem.

That was the last time I let my guys rely on that ring. Every climbing saw we own now, which are all MS200t's, have a strap with a ring attached. that way I know its not going anywhere.
21340.jpg

Check your anti-vibe mounts, when they are out of place the saw does what you describe.

Jim1NZ said:
Hey woodchux, did any fuel leak out of this boot around the carb?

Im having a bit of trouble with my saw from time to time, it seems some where in the cab there is a fuel leak but it only leaks sometimes. The air/fuel mix gets buggered up and the saw runs lean for a few seconds before coming right.... :help:

I'm not sure about a fuel leak, but the saw would rev up at idle [like many are describing here] The dealer just told me that the carb boot had cracked. I was thinking just an air leak.
I dropped my 200t about 30 feet just last saturday. Dam dog leash came unhooked. No damage to my baby though.

woodchux said:
I'm not sure about a fuel leak, but the saw would rev up at idle [like many are describing here] The dealer just told me that the carb boot had cracked. I was thinking just an air leak.
I dropped my 200t about 30 feet just last saturday. Dam dog leash came unhooked. No damage to my baby though.

A cracked or corroded fuel intake line from the fuel tank to the carb is quite common on the ms200t and will cause the same problems that you descibe. I've had to replace them many times, and of course it's a custom line for that model saw.

jomoco

jomoco said:
A cracked or corroded fuel intake line from the fuel tank to the carb is quite common on the ms200t and will cause the same problems that you descibe. I've had to replace them many times, and of course it's a custom line for that model saw.

jomoco

In a pinch you can cut the fuel line before and after the grommet that goes into the fuel tank. Install the grommet and feed some standard fuel line thru it. This will get you by 'til the new line comes in!

020t and ms200t

Have had them for years and love them!!!! Haven't broken a ring but did have one fall out of a tree and hit a chain link fence and go into pcs. But thanks to BostonBull it's back up and running better than ever. Thanks again BostonBull. Tony

Back