For what it's worth, my Stihl comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean pimple orange and sour cream white look better than Tropicana orange? :hmm3grin2orange:

Did I say you could look up yet,you wanna use your coupon or not, :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Will gettin' it figured out!

A few things that I'm confirming from my lurking times

1) Ford/Chevy -- Stihl/Husky -- small pee pee/big pee pee it's a constant argument about who has the better one.

2) The only thing that concerns me about stirring a hornet's nest here is that everyone is armed with sweet power equipment. On the jeep forums at least most of us own vehicles that either don't run or are geared so low that I can outrun them if someone tries to Mame me with it

3) There doesn't seem to be any evidence about 18 vs 20 inch bars. I actually don't say that sarcastically. If there is evidence I'm interested. I appreciate all of the input and would love to hear more.

So far, this is both entertaining and educational. :blob2:

Well, several things come into play here:

1. There are a few "fueds" going on at all times. See the "Husky Kicks" topic for the best contemporary evidence. Can get very personal.

2. The are "brand wars" among a few that are just jabs at one another. These participants like one another and are kidding around. Some people can't handle this and it ends up as a "fued". See No. 1.

3. Some members are "not comfortable" with their own saws and browse around and leave self-serving comments. As an example, someone may want a small saw for limbing and some will say, "get a 361 because mines great and it's turned my life around". Guess what. They have a 361 in their quiver.

4. Some members are "saw nazis" and want everyone to make the same decision as theirs. As an example, if a homeowner cutting 30 minutes a year wants to buy a 290, their response is something like, "That's not a pro saw; that's a boat anchor. A pro saw is only $200 more and if you use it 20 years, it's less than a cup of coffee a day".

5. <per Tommie Hall> The "pot stirrer" category. There are several on here that have no interest in saws what so ever but they enjoy stirring the pot and I don't mind them, heck I kinda likem. Makes for good fun and entertainment.

Now, that being said, there is some great info to be gleaned here. Learn those that fit into categories 3 and 4 and it will help you navigate and get the good info that's here.

Oh, this is just my opinion,

Jack

Last edited:
Did I say you could look up yet,you wanna use your coupon or not, :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Tommie,

Whacha think of Will's post? Good, uh? Give this neighbor of mine a little rep.

Oh, the remote broken? I figured it's about "Demi time".

Tommie,

Whacha think of Will's post? Good, uh? Give this neighbor of mine a little rep.

Oh, the remote broken? I figured it's about "Demi time".

I was just reading it, it is a great post and I'm gonna give him a green lite for that one for sure. I liked yours too Joat, you got it on the money cept ya miss one catagory. The pot stirrer catagory. There are several on here that have no interest in saws what so ever but they enjoy stirring the pot and I don't mind them, heck I kinda likem. Makes for good fun and entertainment. Other than that I think you got the catagories nailed down pruty durn good Joat,:cheers: :cheers:

Well, several things come into play here:
2. The are "brand wars" among a few that are just jabs at one another. These participants like one another and are kidding around.

Now, you gots your fifth category that you left out, Jack...that's your intolerable buzzard-batin' outhouse usin' scum-suckin' Demi-droolin' puss-oozin' Stihl usin' knuckle-draggin' mouth-breathin' ape-heathen turd-twirlin' fuss-budgets.

So far, we only got one, which is about three-quarters too many if you ask me, but you definitely need a category for him.

Speakin of him, you in there Tommie?

7.gif
Oops...I left out @ss-gas-blastin'...didn't mean to do that...

Last edited:
Thanks CHAMP

I was just reading it, it is a great post and I'm gonna give him a green lite for that one for sure. I liked yours too Joat, you got it on the money cept ya miss one catagory. The pot stirrer catagory. There are several on here that have no interest in saws what so ever but they enjoy stirring the pot and I don't mind them, heck I kinda likem. Makes for good fun and entertainment. Other than that I think you got the catagories nailed down pruty durn good Joat,:cheers: :cheers:

Tommie,

OK. You got this relative newbie set straight. I edited my original post for the convenience of others.

Maybe we need a ASQS sticky. That's Arborist Site Quick Start. Might help those that flounder a bit. Some, like your newfound son, take off, crash and burn, and then come to life. His crash may have been averted. 'Course, you might like to train 'em up that way and count those scars as "badges of honor".

Dr. Jack

I'm sorry I'm running out of things to add to this thread. You guys are cracking me up.

Thanks for the compliments (and green thingies). I'll try to keep the wisdom coming (I don't recommend holding your breath).

Back