Forester Bar and chain Q

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know that Forester even made chains...huh..?? - I had one Forester bar...not good...too soft and wore quickly..IMHO

I only buy U.S.A made Stihl bars now...decent price and quality made. You can spend less..but you get what you pay for.

I guess they should do OK for limbing and such...but for serious duty...buy a better bar...that again is just my opinion.

J2F

I had a forester bar and chain... Bar held up well and chain was good, believe the chain was a Carlton, but have heard Forester changed to the tri-link chain since then.

I didn't know that Forester even made chains...huh..?? - I had one Forester bar...not good...too soft and wore quickly. ....

I don't think they actually make anything, but just has stuff branded/rebranded for them. Lately at least their bars have been reported to come from China, so likely the chain as well?

Anyway, I would stay a long way away from their current products!

I've got 2 Forrester 20" pro bars and I'm happy with mine. They are holding up better than the pro lite bar I've got. The chains they used to sell were Carlton and have good luck with those too. Just got some new loops from them and they are Swiss chain so we'll see how they work out

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think they actually make anything, but just has stuff branded/rebranded for them. Lately at least their bars have been reported to come from China, so likely the chain as well?

Anyway, I would stay a long way away from their current products!
I've got 2 Forrester 20" pro bars and I'm happy with mine. They are holding up better than the pro lite bar I've got. The chains they used to sell were Carlton and have good luck with those too. Just got some new loops from them and they are Swiss chain so we'll see how they work out

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2

How do you know they are "Swiss Chain"?

One of the reasons I bought the forester chain is that I liked the simple profile. None of those extra bumpers Oregon is using now. I got .325 semi chisel non safety chain. I checked into it before I purchased and supposedly it was USA manufactured. When I got the roll, there are no markings on it at all as far as origin. If it's crappy chain, I'll be kicking myself for 100 feet worth.

I prefer tsumura bars, but Oregon and forester wore the same for me with the forester bars at half the price. I have not used the forester chain, but I can buy it for about $9/ 72dl 3/8.

If packaging or print says made in china I believe it. If it says otherwise I might believe it.

One of the reasons I bought the forester chain is that I liked the simple profile. None of those extra bumpers Oregon is using now. I got .325 semi chisel non safety chain. I checked into it before I purchased and supposedly it was USA manufactured. When I got the roll, there are no markings on it at all as far as origin. If it's crappy chain, I'll be kicking myself for 100 feet worth.

Oregon makes many styles of chain, with and without "bumpers" - it gets totally wrong when you generalize like that!

Back