Formal appology to Teddy Scout and all the Arborist site members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did the right thing. For the most part all of the guys on here are good people who don't want a bad name for themselves. There is not a member in good standing here that I would not buy a saw from sight unseen. They are good people here who will set you strait real quick if you are wrong, I know from recent experience on that one and I was in the wrong. I hope you stick around after all of this and enjoy the benefits of what these guys have to offer. Just don't forget your Holy water and garlic necklace when you are on here at night, that's when all the crazies show up here:hmm3grin2orange:

LOL, apparently you've never been with a woman!!! LOL. They have a hard enough time admitting when we are right, let alone apologize for something.

But you are right for once Space!

I have to agree with that. Space must being into those mail order brides or something. All the women around here are about like ParrisW explained above. heck, I'd like to fiind one that would even apoligize, period. :)

I have to agree with that. Space must being into those mail order brides or something. All the women around here are about like ParrisW explained above. heck, I'd like to fiind one that would even apoligize, period. :)

ha ha. Ya, its sad but the truth! Though, I must say I really love my Wife! She put's up with me!!!!!!!!!!

I think you mean Space is into those mail order blow up dolls.

ha ha. Ya, its sad but the truth! Though, I must say I really love my Wife! She put's up with me!!!!!!!!!!

I think you mean Space is into those mail order blow up dolls.

I can see the attraction for those things, heck, they don't tell you what to do or how to do it. Maybe I'll trade my wife in...

LOL, apparently you've never been with a woman!!! LOL. They have a hard enough time admitting when we are right, let alone apologize for something.

But you are right for once Space!

Not the ones I date. Any respectable person admits when they're wrong. Women are no exception. Of course, treating them with respect goes a long ways to getting the reciprocating effect.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=55010413#!/photo.php?fbid=675499277421&set=t.55010413&type=1&theater

Last edited:
No, no. The 090-070 are the same!
I knew the 070 and 090 mounts/oil outlets were the same provided they were from the same era but didn't know if some early versions had something different when compared to later versions. But the question still remains if the dealer had a bar that would allegedly fit his 090 why wouldn't it fit the customers 070?

The problem comes in on the 090-070 being the same as the 088-084 bar mount. Both take the 3002, but some have the longer bar slot! The true 090-070 3002 bar all had the longer bar slot, but with the 084-088's the longer bar slot is not needed!

Here is a picture,
CIMG3470.jpg

:msp_confused:
As far as i am aware the "true" 070, 090 mount is the 3001. You can still buy 3001 mount bars (Duromatic) in 21" and 25" lengths.

I don't know about roller nose bars but for Duromatics (30-59");
In 1986 the 3001 bar mount was replaced with a bar mount that incorporated both the 3001 (070,090) and 3002 (08S,050,051,075,076,084 (at that time)) mounts. It was also named the 3002;

attachment.php

attachment.php

AFAIK that mount is still employed today.
A china copy;

327889965_857.jpg

Rollomatic bars;
the wide slot is still used. It will "fit" but you don't have enough adjustment with the chain tensioner to make it usable (without drilling extra holes). Like this (borrowed from MS260Fan's thread);

176513d1300490169-img_5044-large-jpg

Don't know about earlier versions...

What are the part numbers and dates on the two bars you have there?

Yes, sometimes women apologize, it reminds me of this poem -

Thank you for the flowers, she said
as she smiled and coyly bent her head.

You were right, and I was wrong,
forgive me.

So I forgave her.

And as we walked through the midnight hours,
I thought to myself, 'what forking flowers?'

Teddy helped me a ton on my Lightning project. Great asset to AS! I missed the original thread to this subject, but, had I read it, I wouldn't have ever believed it.

Good on the OP to be the stand up guy and post this thread! Here's rep to you...

You can also, file the shoulders down on the bar studs to fit 3003 mount bars. As seen in this pic of Teddy's...

CIMG3335.jpg

I knew the 070 and 090 mounts/oil outlets were the same provided they were from the same era but didn't know if some early versions had something different when compared to later versions. But the question still remains if the dealer had a bar that would allegedly fit his 090 why wouldn't it fit the customers 070?

:msp_confused:
As far as i am aware the "true" 070, 090 mount is the 3001. You can still buy 3001 mount bars (Duromatic) in 21" and 25" lengths.

I don't know about roller nose bars but for Duromatics (30-59");
In 1986 the 3001 bar mount was replaced with a bar mount that incorporated both the 3001 (070,090) and 3002 (08S,050,051,075,076,084 (at that time)) mounts. It was also named the 3002;

attachment.php

attachment.php

AFAIK that mount is still employed today.
A china copy;

327889965_857.jpg

Rollomatic bars;
the wide slot is still used. It will "fit" but you don't have enough adjustment with the chain tensioner to make it usable (without drilling extra holes). Like this (borrowed from MS260Fan's thread);

176513d1300490169-img_5044-large-jpg

Don't know about earlier versions...

What are the part numbers and dates on the two bars you have there?

JDNicol,

You are right!
But also remember the 3 local dealers are sad to say the least when it comes to no longer made models!!!
(Just yesterday one dealer told my wife she had to buy the carb kit as single gaskets and not a package! Well what we call a carb kit!! A quick phone call to him by me get it all straightened out! Just sad!!!)

Now back to the bars!
He (the dealer) said the bars 3002 were all the same! HE IS WRONG!
And as you pointed out the 3001 bars are still made. (that I didn't know, but a DEALER SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The 090-070 and contra series saws are all the same! I double checked my
-Contra
-Contra S
-Contra lightning
The bottom line is that the saws pretty much came from the same casting, or slightly modified castings over the years. The placement and spacing for the bar studs are the same!

The G (gear drives) Are all the same as I measure mine as well,
-090G
-ContraG
-ContraGS
Are all the same about a 1/4+" shorter if I remember off hand. (it is in the first page of this thread.)
It is ALL to common with the local dealers only serviving the newer models (290-390 and 441 types.) If it is older then the guy behind the counter then it is a 90% chance he won't or can't help you. As the local home owners keep them busy with the, "My cluch cover won't come off" Well 90% of the time the chain brake is still on!!! LOL!
They think since the reference refers to 088-004-880 then is should fix!
And a little of "I am a Stihl dealer and I know everything"!

Teddy helped me a ton on my Lightning project. Great asset to AS! I missed the original thread to this subject, but, had I read it, I wouldn't have ever believed it.

Good on the OP to be the stand up guy and post this thread! Here's rep to you...

You can also, file the shoulders down on the bar studs to fit 3003 mount bars. As seen in this pic of Teddy's...

CIMG3335.jpg

Any time,
But the truth is you were the one who figured out that old style clutch! Not me!
I am glad you did, as it will save me the same headache you went thru!!!!!
You know the Contras as good as anyone!!!

Back