Formal appology to Teddy Scout and all the Arborist site members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremez

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
It's come to my attention that over the weekend, Saturday night my girlfriend logged into my AS account thinking she was helping me out. I was having problems getting correct fitting bars for my saw and yes I did bounce around between 4 different dealers in the area. 3 of which never heard of an 070. The last dealer told me the guide bar plates were wrong. He brought out a bar he says he ran on his 090 and the reason it didn't fit was because I had the wrong plates or a fake 070. I thought the first was more believable than the latter. Last thurs I ordered new guide bar plates from Baileys. In relaying this story to my gf she got the idea of fake saw stuck in her head and like any dedicated/some what crazy woman, started seeking an answer or solution in whatever form she could find. Apparently Google brought up an AS thread in which Teddy was talking about fake 070s and that was all she needed to see. Then she went on my profile and blasted Teddy about selling me a fake saw. Wrong move. I'm very sorry about all this. Teddy is a very respectable person. My nephew works with him and I've dealt with him a few times whenever I had a question about my saw or anything wood related. If I thought it was a fake saw, I'd have called him on the phone and been like Wtf. He's not the kind of person to do that. On Sunday, Teddy and I met up at his place, he swapped me bars for one that fits and hooked me up with a chain. Hell, he even sold my nephew a saw that day. My only gripe about the saw was resolved. Bar and chain. I'm a happy lumber jack. I'm sorry about this being so long winded but I feel terrible about the incorrect nasty information. that was said about Teddy and about the fact that that garbage was posted on Arborist Site. I apologise to any members that had the misfortune of reading that post and I'm sorry to have had my name look bad on this site. I sincerely apologise to everybody involved including the moderators of this site. Sincerely, Xtremez.

If I could rep you I would to get that ugly rep stuff off there.

Matt ain't no bad guy, I'm sure he feels like setting this right for you as well.

That woman must love you! :laugh:

Why the multiply usernames?..:msp_thumbdn:...I will be along on the rep when Teddy tells me it is cool...:msp_thumbup:

Youre doing the right thing by coming here and apoligizing in the forum. SHows that you're a stand-up guy. I hit you with some good rep too. I'm sure a few guys who were firing the negs the other day wish they could take them back now. Thats why I quit jumping the gun on here until the whole story is out there. Good deal buddy!

Lets see some pics of that 070! :msp_thumbup: TS is a good dude. I knew something was wrong when I was reading of him ripping someone.

All good here!
Bottom line, it comes down to saws!
He came over and we spent a good 6 hours working on the saw and going over all the variables with bars and reason why the smaller slots didn't work thing! (on a better note, busted out a contra to show him the same bar spacing through all the series, and the old girl was sporting a six shoe clutch!!!!!) But seriously, I feel his pain with local dealers! It is sad to Stihl on how they are only knowledgable on 290's and 390's. It was his choice to post this in his words! The saw is a brute with good compression. just for him and his 070 being in his one saw line up for the time being, a small bar was more then needed! That's why I stressed to him to get things right with his saw and with his standing here! I still remember posting about a Husky 142!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Well swapped out his bar, busted out and looped a new Stihl chisel chain and she is a screamer! Ready to cut especially after getting a new tank seal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hear are some pictures and videos guys! I like as well as you guys VIDS and PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cKHx76UQDEI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cKHx76UQDEI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Let Xtremez and his nephew wrench in the shop and go over the 070 and his nephews new 044 with big wrist pin!
Wrenching on saws with saw nuts is always a blast!!!
Pick of Xtremez (in blue) and his nephew. With my lazy guard dog!
CIMG3472.jpg

CIMG3474.jpg

CIMG3480.jpg

He paid for the saw, before looking down the piston! It is just good manners to let the buyer know!
Plus I had a good couple tanks through her, and it is always good to know!
CIMG3479.jpg

All good hear!
This site is more then valuable! It is down right needed when working on, working with saws!!
The knowledge is amazing! Sad part is you may go broke!!! CAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's come to my attention that over the weekend, Saturday night my girlfriend logged into my AS account thinking she was helping me out. I was having problems getting correct fitting bars for my saw and yes I did bounce around between 4 different dealers in the area. 3 of which never heard of an 070. The last dealer told me the guide bar plates were wrong. He brought out a bar he says he ran on his 090 and the reason it didn't fit was because I had the wrong plates or a fake 070. I thought the first was more believable than the latter. Last thurs I ordered new guide bar plates from Baileys. In relaying this story to my gf she got the idea of fake saw stuck in her head and like any dedicated/some what crazy woman, started seeking an answer or solution in whatever form she could find. Apparently Google brought up an AS thread in which Teddy was talking about fake 070s and that was all she needed to see. Then she went on my profile and blasted Teddy about selling me a fake saw. Wrong move. I'm very sorry about all this. Teddy is a very respectable person. My nephew works with him and I've dealt with him a few times whenever I had a question about my saw or anything wood related. If I thought it was a fake saw, I'd have called him on the phone and been like Wtf. He's not the kind of person to do that. On Sunday, Teddy and I met up at his place, he swapped me bars for one that fits and hooked me up with a chain. Hell, he even sold my nephew a saw that day. My only gripe about the saw was resolved. Bar and chain. I'm a happy lumber jack. I'm sorry about this being so long winded but I feel terrible about the incorrect nasty information. that was said about Teddy and about the fact that that garbage was posted on Arborist Site. I apologise to any members that had the misfortune of reading that post and I'm sorry to have had my name look bad on this site. I sincerely apologise to everybody involved including the moderators of this site. Sincerely, Xtremez.
Hmm, I didn't see any of this, but shouldn't your girl be the one apologizing?

shouldn't your girl be the one apologizing?

Girls do that?

...Lazy guard dog...

Good lookin' dog. Looks like he's smart enough to know who's alright to slobber on, and who just might need their leg gnawed off ...

Last edited:
Multiple user names? I'm don't understand what youre talking about.

Dude, you only have two posts to your name... This one and the first one in this thread.

Was your old account deleted?

Accounts ARE case-sensitive AFAIK. Xtremez and xtremez are two different usernames.

I hit you with some 'doing the right thing' rep, xtremez.

Re the post count--I think the 'complaint' thread got deleted, hence the 'incorrect' post count.

Teddy, thanks for the explanation.

So why didn't the bar from the 090 fit the 070? Did some guide plates have shorter oil outlet passages?

So why didn't the bar from the 090 fit the 070? Did some guide plates have shorter oil outlet passages?

No, no. The 090-070 are the same! And yes for those with the question: The FAKE MS070 bar mount is the same as the factory 07-090 bar stud! The problem comes in on the 090-070 being the same as the 088-084 bar mount. Both take the 3002, but some have the longer bar slot! The true 090-070 3002 bar all had the longer bar slot, but with the 084-088's the longer bar slot is not needed!

Here is a picture,
CIMG3470.jpg

Back