Foster Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RON58

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I saw one of these machines somewhere but can't find any info. Anyone know or have anything on them. The one I saw was model FLS-550-HV. Thats all I can remember.

Man I was starting to think no one reads this. kidding. I have tried to contact them to no success. I have read that they started to build these again.Was wondering if anyone had or has one. I think they built john deeres machines.

Wouldn't it be better to go with a name brand machine that is still being made? If you ever need parts/support/warrenty, they'll be around.

it has a honda engine...supposedly the best. as for parts....other than the engine...what can wear out? and, usually if anything does break, most people build their own replacement or buy another brand to replace anything. it does have a two stage pump, but at 11GPM, the second stage must be kinda slow.

for the homeowner who doesn't care if they split 5 cords of wood per day, it's probably comparable to any others in the same price/tonnage range.

the link to their web site isn't available for some reason......?

Back