found a couple bullets in a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOPs! Nice clean cuts though, you got some tough chain there, what were you using?
Just Husqvarna chain, I think it was the last log I cut on the tree. I didn't noticed anything. Until I seen them when I was gonna split. That chain was old and crappy anyway.

I can't really understand the placement of them??? It was a leaner, and someone must have shot from on top of the hill. Because, they were almost straight up and down in the tree. Must have been from my brothers hand gun.

The lead won't hurt a chain at all but the copper jackets might. I've cut lead keels from sail boats with a chainsaw and it is much the same as wood. Only cut a few bullets but they didn't wreck the chain. I only use semi chisel so that might help. Love the pics.

Maybe they shifted when the tree grew?? It was leaning, but not that extreme. Or just took a weird path.

I found a 16 penny nail in a black locust the other day...my chain didn't fare so well. Didn't loose any cutters but man are they haggard.

I found a 16 penny nail in a black locust the other day...my chain didn't fare so well. Didn't loose any cutters but man are they haggard.

I let dad try out the 661 last winter with a brand new 28" chisel chain on it, he found one of those screw in tree steps even after I said it had some in it. RIP poor chain.

I have put a few hundred 22LR rounds into a target that is mounted against a pole so good luck to whoever tries to use that pole as fuel.

Cool thread. The only thing I ever find in my firewood are fence staples and barb wire lol. Oh and I cut a maple in my yard that I found concrete in.

Latest posts

Back