How can I find out shaft sizes for different versions of a Honda GCV160 motor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amanwithaplan

Reaction score
Hi.

Long story short, I need to do an engine swap on my log splitter and have been looking for a Honda GCV160 motor. The current shaft coupling I have fits a 7/8" diameter. That said, I found a couple of Honda GCV160s (off of pressure washers), but they each have different model numbers. For example: one shows a Honda GCV160LA0 GJARA N5R, another shows GJAEA N5R, etc. How would I be able to research/look up each of their shaft diameters, based off of their model numbers/names?

Thanks for your time.

The shaft coupling is an inexpensive part. I'd find an engine in good shape and adapt as necessary.
Thanks for the reply. I managed to score one that was direct fit.

For anyone that comes across this post, the Honda GCV160LA0 GJARA N5R has a vertical shaft with 7/8" diameter, and was what I went with.

I know I am a day late and dollar short, but just wanted to share some info to others that might be considering a pressure washer motor as a replacement engine. Most pressure washers engines I have seen all have a tapered tailshaft instead of a straight shaft like a wood splitter or tiller engine. Not a deal breaker because you can buy couplings that fit a tapered shaft. Just something a person needs to be aware of when looking for a direct fit engine.

Back