Found a saw shop with inventory

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troylee

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Met our friends at this lawn and garden realized they were a Husky dealer. Told her what parts I needed, and was getting ready to tell her to just include them in her regular order, and she tossed them on the counter. Didn't expect her to have a recoil spring and pulley for a 55 in stock.

That's great!
My Husky dealers, 2 in my area, didn't stock an exhaust gasket for my 357XP. Both were willing to order, provided I paid for it up front and would take at least a week.
I guess dealers are watching their inventory levels to keep costs down.

This lady told me that they tell her she has to turn 50% of her inventory every 6 months to be making money. Her answer to them was that she wouldn't have any inventory if she lived by those numbers, and she would continue making money because she had what people needed.

I went to three different Husky dealers in my area and none of them had any of the parts I needed. One place doesn't stock ANY parts. I mean none. They have to order everything. For instance, I wanted an exhaust gasket for an Husqvarna 365 which fits a bunch of models including the common 372XP and so forth. Nope, no joy. Tried getting an impulse tube (the 1/4" long tube used on the 51/55 and other models. Nope, no one had it. Ordered it from Baileys. (and they had to backorder 1 of the 4 I ordered, lol)
Even long established dealers seem to maintain almost no inventory. (two of them are only a couple years old)
Pretty frustrating.

Not suprised my closest dealer (no longer in business) didn't have anything I ever called them for. Didn't have a Walbro K10WAT was one thing I remember. I'm not a dealer but I do Husky and I stock more Husky parts than my now closest dealer. Not to mention they are only open 8-5 Mon- Fri. Can't believe they are closed on Sat.
Shep

Back