Found on the road not dead and it ant a ford

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I haven't been on here due to taking my Grandson Deer hunting. Best job I ever had. Tuesday morning I was walking the fence line next to the secondary road, There it was a old 028wb laying in the ditch. I haven't had time to check it out. Best thing I ever found. Now watch someone advertise in the paper looking for their lost saw. Yes I would return it.

bobbyb13 said:
I haven't been on here due to taking my Grandson Deer hunting. Best job I ever had. Tuesday morning I was walking the fence line next to the secondary road, There it was a old 028wb laying in the ditch. I haven't had time to check it out. Best thing I ever found. Now watch someone advertise in the paper looking for their lost saw. Yes I would return it.

Hey that's mine!:laugh:

Run it by the local cop-shop, may be stolen and discarded. Also some pics would be nice.

Doc

Probably fell off of there truck.People around here like to throw there saws on top of there load of wood.Never made sense to me.Saws cost too much.

My number one Son is a Trooper. He took all the info and checked it out on the NCIC. I will post pics tonight when I get in from the farm. I put an ad in the local paper if they can ID it. I would like the owner to get it back. That is a big loss to some here in this part of the woods, since all the furniture factorys have shut down.

I can sympathize with the original owner losing a saw of any type is a down"er.

Good luck in finding the owner, if not than nice find. Did ya get yer deer?? We hunt Moose in Newfie, just a 1000 lb + deer. Lol

Doc

Last edited:
you had the 4 wheeler, right? I'm not sure I would have packed a 028 by hand very far....
-Ralph

I'm not too sure

I know I could throw an XL-12 with a starting problem a fer piece in my younger days:biggrinbounce2:

Yes, Doc he got a WORLD RECORD 4 point, most thrilled 9 year old boy in Virginia.

PEST said:
I know I could throw an XL-12 with a starting problem a fer piece in my younger days:biggrinbounce2:
Yeah, my thoughts precisely. The owner found out that a ditch is a good place for a Stihl. Now if it had been a Husky. . .:hmm3grin2orange:

The prior Stihl owner cared greatly for his old saw, and with tears in his eyes left in the only place where he knew it would be found, restored to its former glory, and looked after lovingly.. Like leaving your baby on the doorstep of the biggest house in the neighborhood. (o.k., so the rich guy was probably responsible, but that's not my story right now!)

The Husky guy would have tenderly buried the saw deep in the woods, whispered a short prayer of thanks, and talked off into the night (drawn to the Stihl sign beckoning gently in the fog...).

Mercy Lakeside, You got plumb slap poetic there. I wish I was the rich guy, I would bet that I'm one of the most content, happy, ol farts around.

Lakeside53 said:
The prior Stihl owner cared greatly for his old saw, and with tears in his eyes left in the only place where he knew it would be found, restored to its former glory, and looked after lovingly.. Like leaving your baby on the doorstep of the biggest house in the neighborhood. (o.k., so the rich guy was probably responsible, but that's not my story right now!)

The Husky guy would have tenderly buried the saw deep in the woods, whispered a short prayer of thanks, and talked off into the night (drawn to the Stihl sign beckoning gently in the fog...).
This is Husky country,
On a quiet night you can hear the Far and few Stihl owners cussing up a storm in there garage repairing there saws.

manual said:
This is Husky country,
On a quiet night you can hear the Far and few Stihl owners cussing up a storm in there garage repairing there saws.

Ah.. but if there is no woman around to hear, does it really happen??:laugh: :laugh:

Back