Found SP125c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you.Hopefully the chrome is good.I'll bet that thing would boogie with an 18 inch bar. :)

Well Al here's a story that's true, many years ago now i used to call on some timbercutters not to far from where i live now, they used Stihl but i used to sell chain and files and all the tit bits they required, plus being the Mc Dealer for this area it peved me to see no Mc's, so i made a bet that if they could beat me in a race between their 090av's and my demo Mc 125c then i would give them the Mc for nothing free ziltch.
At the end of the 20' log of 20" diameter they were hopelessly thrashed and as per the bet they purchased a Mc 125c off me thank god for that otherwise i wouldn't have been paid for about a month.

This crew of cutters went on to purchase more Mc's off me later.

Mc Bob.

Putting some else's money where my mouth was.

Wow. At first glance I thought you posted a pic of my 366 in my 1969 C-50.

That's a biggun.

Say there ,McBob,as a person who sold them,what was the new price on a 125.The reason I asked is because I contend that saws are cheaper ,in restrospect of todays dollar than in,say 1977.

Hell your asking something now, i think we were getting about $599-00 Aust at the time cannot remember exactly, them grey cells have died and blown out my ears.

I recall selling the PM1000 for $399-00 Aust as we were pushing them as a top of the line falling or farm saw but that was a very special price aimed at blowing the doors off the other brands. Might have to try and find me one for my collection.

Mc Bob.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/ozflea/saws20.html

Went up into my shed this morning to see if the SP125 would start, no spark and when i removed the side cover i found that the coil was loose and grinding itself away on the flywheel.

Replaced the coil assy with the one off a 1-80 they fit with a bit of fiddling around reassembled the saw, squirted a little fuel down the carby and presto she goes.

All i need now is a hand full of nut's and bolts and a oil punger button and i should have a worker.

This beast will also get a respray as i like my saws shiny and looking close to new.

Mc Bob.

I love the smell of a good SP 125 in the morning.
Besides that it gets the neibours up and out of bed great stuff.

It doesn't look that rough from the picture,I just never saw that short of a bar on one.Get a megaphone exhaust,from an old 101,that will raise the nieghbors for miles. :)

Got a couple of alloy stubs up the shed and when they complain i'll supply your address right old mate.

The Bar is a 24" and they were running Super chisel no wonder i need a handfull of nuts and bolts, that would shake the xxxx out of anything.

Mc Bob.

I think I do.Let me look,I think I have the whole tank assembly.I'll send you An e-mail If so.

Al Smith said:
Say there ,McBob,as a person who sold them,what was the new price on a 125.The reason I asked is because I contend that saws are cheaper ,in restrospect of todays dollar than in,say 1977.

I have some old price lists on Homelites. It will amaze you at price comparisons.

Bill

Bill G, I'd like to know, just for comparison what old Homelites cost new back in the day.

Latest posts

Back