Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to get free firewood in the Waukegan, IL area

Hi all.

This is a GREAT site.

We are using our wood burning fireplace a lot this time of the year to save on our heating bill (gas), but since the fireplace is burning almost all day every day, we quickly go through firewood.

So if anyone knows of firewood in our area, please let us know. We can either pick it up in our small SUV (Kia Sorento) or you can dump it in our driveway.

Please help us save some money this winter.

[email protected]

Thanks.

Hi their i also need wood and am willing to cut down or take dead wood off of your hands. i don't have the equipment to do anything with stumps or the branches. You could also drop the wood off at my house in the side yard. I am in the Whitehall, Muskegon area. Thank you Kirk

4dpkp83102 said:
Hi all.

This is a GREAT site.

Thanks.

You are in a very good location, there are many tree companies in the Chicogoland area. Have you tried calling any of them?

Tell them that you can only pick up small amounts now, but might be getting a trailer. Could they call you when they have a log they dont want to haul off?

If you will take whole logs, tell them they can dump it in the driveway.

No willow please :)

free wood

i`ll take any wood i`m located in ohio area code 45302 even if i have to cut the wood i will
thanks
alan:D

free wood

i will take whole logs, half cut logs, , i have a large area where they can just dump the logs
ohio area 45302
thanks
alan

looking for free fir rounds, can pick up in Vancouver/Point Grey/UBC area. can take small 1/4 ton pickup loads only.

Looking for hardwood, green OK, in the Washington DC area. Willing to drop trees if not near buildings or powerlines.

pls help!

Hi!

I just moved into a beautiful 120yr old victorian home 20mins north of Brockville (in Jasper) - and I have a woodstove, but the former owner took the second woodstove from the back of the house, and I also don't know where or how to buy wood!

If anyone has any information on how to get *very* cheap wood and a woodstove for the back of my already freezing house please let me know!

Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Jennifer

Free wood

Sooo, I'm in Northern, NY. I'll remove trees for free, just for the wood. If anyone is up in this area and is less fortunate or going through a hard time, I'll bring you some, or you can come pick it up for free. I give most of the wood away, and I sell some. What this means is don't show up at my house looking for free wood with a brand new truck, a vette at home and 2 new chainsaws. You deserve to freeze if you've got all that nice new stuff and can't afford heat, lmao... But I am willing to help anyone that needs a little. :cheers:

PM me for info...

ciscoguy01 said:
Sooo, I'm in Northern, NY. I'll remove trees for free, just for the wood. If anyone is up in this area and is less fortunate or going through a hard time, I'll bring you some, or you can come pick it up for free. I give most of the wood away, and I sell some. What this means is don't show up at my house looking for free wood with a brand new truck, a vette at home and 2 new chainsaws. You deserve to freeze if you've got all that nice new stuff and can't afford heat, lmao... But I am willing to help anyone that needs a little. :cheers:

Good On you Dood man. :cheers:

I have done that on occasion. one of my old car buddies dad is getting up there in age and has been out of work (disability). Last winter I dropped of 2 cord for him. He has a really small house and uses about 2 cord a year for heat. He was absoultely estatic about it, tried to pay me. Could take payment for helping a buddy out.

Like I said, good on you. Good deeds will come back around some day...

wanted free fire wood in southern michigan

:blob2: If you have wood in southern michigan around the edwardsburg area that you don't want please email me. I can use it to heat my home. I will pick it up. Thanks

Just for reference, I hooked up with a tree service a few years ago to get log lengths delivered. I pay him $100 for a load that I get about 3.5 cords from. I keep an eye on his truck and pretty much choose the load I want. My last load was all oak with sizes ranging from 10 to 20" in size. Perfect for me.

It takes him an hour round trip to deliver the wood and he pretty much jumps at the offer. I think the going rate around here for disposal is $8 a yard, so I'm sure he saves money.

I called a few local tree service companies that I see drive by my "dump spot" with loads on and they aren't interested in delivering any. Why I don't know, it seems like a win win situation for both of us.

BTW, if anyone in Hillsborough, NJ wants to dump some nice wood, shoot me a PM.

Great site BTW.....

Leesburg, VA

Have some pretty good sized ELM rounds...tree taken down due to Dutch ELM disease so be warned. The rounds are a year old and barkless...there is at least another 60 ft. ELM suffering the same fate on my neighbors property...if you are willing to take down the wood is yours. Of course the fresh cut tree would have bark and that risks spreading the beetles, so make sure you have no ELM tress around your property.

Without counting the still-standing tree, its not a ton of wood...probably under a cord. This dried ELM is all but IMPOSSIBLE to split by hand, so I'll put that out there...thats why I don't want it. Probably best for harry homeowner who has a quality mechanical splitter. ELM burns HOT and coals great...that I know.

I need firewood.

Hello all, great site!

I am in need of firewood. I use it to heat my house, not for resale. I live in Lebanon, Pa, and I am even wiling to pay for delivery. I recently installed an old wood boiler from a co-worker. It keeps the house plenty warm, but really goes through the wood.

Thanks for any help!

E-

:clap:

Latest posts

Back