Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am fortunate that I have not had to pay for any yet, but there will come a day when I run out of trees to cut on my small 2 acre lot. Then I will have to find someone that sells grapple loads and cut it and split it myself.

Free Wood Needed in CT

We live in the southern part of CT on the shoreline and we need FREE firewood for our wood stove thats outside that heats our house, we have a dump truck, Hope that someone can help us.

Hey John, Why don't you also post for FREE Subcontracting Arborist and FREE Consultaing Arborist available in american and maybe we can have a member help you out, too. If we have to work for nothing, then you should too. What U think !!

I have several clients that hold thier prices down by having wood burners come haul wood for free. All the tree companies do is buck/rip the wood down to sized for a two man lift.

Anyone who would want to come to a job site to and haul wood away to split would not be your customer anyways. Especially the familly above who need to keep a boiler going all day long.

For many companies firewood is either a loss-leader or a tool to keep the crew working. I sell a little out of my front yard by the quarter face, but it's really just defraying the cost of my splitter . And keeping my wife happy with a crackling fire when she wants to, supporting my habbit one could say.:dizzy:

Need Free firewood

We live in CT and need free firewood for our outdoor furance, we have a dump truck to pick it up.

I am in NH and also have place in Snowmass village Colorado Kindly droop off 10 corsds in Co and as much as you want In NH Ill give yo ua beer and a a burger
Oh can you pay for my flightto Co aNMDd shiping my sawsand gear there . . SoI can besure to cut it . hell I needa new Saw for carving and I want a nothe 395 or 394 and a new tracked loader and mini excavator Thanks :hmm3grin2orange: :ices_rofl:

Last edited:
Need wood on Cape Cod

Ill take all the hardwoods i can get....whole length or cut to size, dirty wood , ANY HARDWOOD SPECIES, NO STUMPS!!.... you can dump as many loads for free as you like at my storage lot in Brewster or ill pickit up locally. Pm me if youre interested
-mike

Rockaway NJ

I am in need of some free OR close to free! if you have some firewood you need to get rid of let me know, I can pick it up. I will gladly throw you a little cash and or beer!!!

Contact me!

[email protected]

THANK YOU!!!!

Hey all .. Denver trees down

I am looking for trees in Denver .. Scrounging or whatever .. I need to figure a way to get firewood cheaply and fairly easily . Rounds are O.K , downed trees ,I,ll cut---- Thanks :chainsaw:
[email protected]

Last edited:
Free firewood

I am always on the hunt for free/very cheap firewood. Will accept logs/chunks up to 3' in diameter. Located in northwestern part of Germantown, WI. Must be delivered but willing to pay modest fee for delivery/fuel.

Looking for locust and oak (red, black, white). Will pick-up around Southern Putnam, Western Fairfield, and Northern Westchester.

Need Free Firewood In Wayne Pa.

IN NEED OF HARDWOOD FOR FIREPLACE FOR THE FOLLOWING WINTER AND WHAT IS LEFT OF THIS WINTER. IS THERE ANYBODY NEARBY THAT CAN ALSO DELIVER DON'T HAVE A TRUCK. PLEASE REPLY SOON THAK-YOU

KIRK63
[email protected]
SKYPE KIRKJOHNSON1

Last edited:
Hi. I am located in Forked River, NJ. I am in dire need of hardwood for my wood stove. I have electric baseboard and I am going broke!!!! Anyone looking to get rid of any, please by all means, contact me by email. [email protected]. Thanks! :)

I just have to ask.... has anyone whos has posted a message here looking for free firewood actually been given any?

I was just going to ask the same thing. I see lots of requests for people who want wood and non from people who want to get rid of it. Just curious I guess. I hope it works out for some of you. ;)

It has worked for me. I was contacted by an AS member and picked up quite a few pickup loads of nice wood last year. Some oak, some cherry, and some very nice locust.

But I went to HIM, on HIS schedule. (And felt bad when I was late a couple of times. Traffic sometimes will kill your best intentions!)

I didn't come on here asking for free wood to be delivered, and I didn't come on here specifying what varieties I would deign to take, either. I took what he had and was very glad to get it.

Especially that locust! :D

Saved him some dump fees, heated my house for almost free. Sounds like a good deal for BOTH of us. Maybe there's something to that.

I was also contacted by another AS member who had a big oak coming down, but turned out he was 5 1/2 hours drive from me. I had to pass on that!

Since then I've found a log processor who has a lot of log ends that he'd rather give away than pay to have hauled away. You know what? I take what he puts on my truck. I get poplar and some other stuff I'd just as soon pass on, but it's an endless supply and he's glad to see me drive up. Oh well, I also get plenty of good oak and the occasional hickory log end.

Me suspects that beggars who are picky just might not appeal to a lot of folks.

I'm in Waterford, SE WI and would love to accept free firewood. I heat with wood to offset my electric bills. I can accept log length wood at home up to about 3' in diameter (blocked to 16" - 18" is ok too LOL).

I would also be willing to pick up within a reasonable distance. For pickup, I cannot take long lengths (over about 6', depending on the diameter). I do have access to a dump trailer as well as my pickup. My schedule is quite flexable, especially with a day or so notice.

Please e-mail or PM me if you have something available in my area; I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike

Latest posts

Back