Free red oak in E. Tn.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLEARVIEW TREE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Took down a large red oak in morristown, tn. and the customer thought he would save money by using it. Well he called and said anyone can have it. The log was 56" at the base and has many large 16" plus leaders. Base of log has substantial core rot from excavator dmg and is only good for firewood. Write me if interested for directions. Thanks,Trevor:greenchainsaw:

that is what tractors are for.

put a free sign on it.that is all it takes here.i know how they are there as well.them boys will get that quick!

Big wood like that is never free. It always takes a piece out of you moving it around.:)

That is what we use for firewood here (CA black oak is a really a type of red oak). Drop them, cut them up, split the rounds, load them into the tractor bucket, tip that into the 3/4 ton PU, drive down the hill, stack it and dry it a season, burn it in the OWB. "Free" heat. But I would go for oak. Better than most of the other wood for burning around here, except madrone.

I live in Columbia , middle Tn . If you will bring it to me I will take all of it . Just kidding ! I wish I were closer I would come and get it .

Back