Free standing stove install

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justintimesc

Reaction score
Need advice on installing a free standing stove in the garage. Pipe will go through the garage wall and up. Question I have is should I use single wall or double wall on the outside for the chimney ? Any reason to use one over the other ? I'm also having trouble just finding the piece that goes through the wall. Seems everyone wants to sale it as a kit. Any advice on where to look for it ? Thanks in advance.

Pipe is broke down into what you need for clearances from combustibles. So what will the outside pipe be close to? The kits are expensive but they deffenitly make it easy and the install looks clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The putter sheathing on the garage in T11 sheating. On the inside there is no insulation just exposed studs.

After you penetrate a wall or ceiling you use chimney, not stove pipe. There is no such thing as single wall chimney that I have ever heard of.

Straight up through the roof is always best!!! Double wall insulated pipe for chimney.

If you do go through the wall you will want to use a class A kit.

I would not advise you to use a single wall pipe outside. It can be done but its not adviseable and can make a lot of problems like creasote and problems with drafting. Thats aside from the fact that it will be too close to combustibles at the wall penetration. Through the roof would likely be the cheapest, you could run single wall pipe up to the ceiling where you have the penetration and proper double wall chimney pipe.

Back