Freedom OWB?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim A.

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have had one of these for a year and a half and have not had too good of luck with the electronics or service from the company, has anyone dealt with them or have one.

I have one. Had it for 2 seasons with zero problems. Well designed IMO and it burns coal and wood well. My father in law has the medium one, I have the standard size. Would be curious to hear your issues with it. Seems like a pretty simple design, what electronics are you talking about?:confused:

we have had ours for a little over 1 year and have replaced 4 of the damper solenoids and the blower is now going bad, it is a model 60

Wow, that stinks. Can't offer any advice for that.... You have the big boy too. Wow. And I thought my FIL's 48" was a monster. His is a tree eating machine. Seems like his runs longer/more than mine, I guess due to his domestic water.

My only problem, so far, is the nut holding the fan door open sometimes comes loose and it closes the blower opening. Gave it a good torque, problem solved.

The owner seems like a good fella who would honor any problems. I bought mine direct from him. He offers different colors now, I like the stainless look though...

we have had ours for a little over 1 year and have replaced 4 of the damper solenoids and the blower is now going bad, it is a model 60

4 Damper solenoids and a blower in just over a year!?!?!? That's some bad luck for sure..and/or poor design? I've never seen a Freedom OWB in use....The 11yr Warranty scared me just a touch. I'd be puttin a size ten to who ever you bought it from.

I would be checking my electrical for voltage and cycles.
At the boiler of course.
thats the first thing i thaught. Im an electrical contractor and possibly you have a voltage drop situation. How far from the source to the OWB are you, and what gauge conductors do you have. what voltage are you also running?

thats the first thing i thaught. Im an electrical contractor and possibly you have a voltage drop situation. How far from the source to the OWB are you, and what gauge conductors do you have. what voltage are you also running?

Excellent points. I know they do not produce the actual blowers and solenoids at the factory and seems like those units would have a longer life that a year. Was it a self install or did you have a pro do it?

the electrical was done by a registered electrician the remainder was self instalation

Back