Friction poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which friction for DdRT?

• Zigzag

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Lockjack Sport (w/swivel)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Stick with Hitch Climber & VT

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Hold out for Spoderjack 3

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I climb doubled rope probably 80% of the time. Have been using the Hitch Climber with VT and have been happy. The only thing I don't like is long descents on it.

Have been thinking about going mechanical. Got an email from Sherrill about reduced prices on the Lockjack and Spiderjack. Both under 3 hundo now. That got me looking again. Between those two I think I'd prefer the Lockjack Sport... But a Zigzag is the same price... So now I'm stuck again. I really (REALLY), like the ATR positioned, so sticking with ART seems attractive...but if the Zigzag is a better option... I am currently leaning towards Zigzag, but not real hard.

Or how about one more wrench into the equation...looks like the ART devices might be on a fire sale at Sherrill because they are slated for REPLACEMENT???

Spiderjack takes time to get used to, a lot of top competition climbers use them for speed and self tending, I was toying with either another zigzag or a spiderjack, tried a SJ then just bought another zigzag. Love the zigzag, it works as it should in a predictable manner, self tending is ok on fuzzy imori but will be much better with something like cougar blue. Zigzag is easy and works brilliantly

I climb doubled rope probably 80% of the time. Have been using the Hitch Climber with VT and have been happy. The only thing I don't like is long descents on it.

Have been thinking about going mechanical. Got an email from Sherrill about reduced prices on the Lockjack and Spiderjack. Both under 3 hundo now. That got me looking again. Between those two I think I'd prefer the Lockjack Sport... But a Zigzag is the same price... So now I'm stuck again. I really (REALLY), like the ATR positioned, so sticking with ART seems attractive...but if the Zigzag is a better option... I am currently leaning towards Zigzag, but not real hard.

Or how about one more wrench into the equation...looks like the ART devices might be on a fire sale at Sherrill because they are slated for REPLACEMENT???

Take a wrap on one of your boots for long descents. It can take a good bit of the load off of your hitch yet you hitch is still there to catch you if the rope comes off of your foot. I do it a lot.

...sale at Sherrill because they are slated for REPLACEMENT???

Yes, there is a new version coming out... probably available as soon as the current stock is out... o_O

I also like the ZigZag. I have three of them.
EDIT: Oops. Forgot I bought another V2 used and when it developed a hairline fracture, sent it in for a new V3 one. So, four of the damn things.

Latest posts

Back