Friendly Chain Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he's gonna want to race in Osage. LOL

So it'll be 24" .050 3/8 carbide race chain. :-0

Hahaha

I'd be in with 24" x 3/8" .050 -- cause I already got some.

I ain't ever done one of these chain races before, might as well start now.

Hahaha

I'll probably send 2 loops. I have one that's pretty good already. It's almost wore out.;)

Hahaha

New to me as well Nate. But, I like new.

l wish we had gtgz in Australia....everyone talks about 'that saw they ran at xxx gtg'. As for the chain build off, 72dl would be a lot easier to mod than 105dl. Back to gtg's l could not imagine a better way to spend the day....eating American smoked BBQ, drinking beer & runnin porded sawz till ya blue in the face!

You forgot about sweetheart american country gal with the big asses and shootin' guns.

The Only Post of yours I've Eva "Liked"

actually...
The gun shooting happens with regularity..
Sometimes trap.
Sometimes it's a tannerite filled mini mac...

Word Hedge

QUOTE="GrassGuerilla, post: 4932577, member: 91070"]BBQ, chainsaws, big assed women, and possibly a tannerite laden mini-mac? Where the hell do I sign up?[/QUOTE]

^^^^^ This

You're not going to use a 20" cant of hedge are you?
So to clarify...
1. Make a chain by whatever means you want...
2. 84 DL any cutter configuration or type ya want.
3. 3/8 pitch
4. .063 or .050 gauge, whatever ya got hangin' on a hook...

Now, size of cant, and type of wood TBT...
There is your answer Matt.

Whatever you want it to be...
You in on this Brian???
This need to be like a hand filed chain all lightened up ? i never understood why they would do that ,lighter chain zoom zoom around the bar faster or something ?
Have you had a chance to try out the one i sent you yet ,I have no idea if what i am doing is right or wrong ,nice to get input to see if i can improve some

This need to be like a hand filed chain all lightened up ? i never understood why they would do that ,lighter chain zoom zoom around the bar faster or something ?
Have you had a chance to try out the one i sent you yet ,I have no idea if what i am doing is right or wrong ,nice to get input to see if i can improve some
Will put it on and get back to you tomorrow...
It looks right though...

That's where I'm at. I just want Cahoon to go HahahahaHahaHaha, then call me a cull, lol

No you can grind one. I've had decent luck grinding but find another 20% in cut speed by filing and nothing else done to the chain. All the other stuff will give you small gains but those big time guys looking for a big pay out it's worth it. They spend 30-40 hours on one chain.

Latest posts

Back