Friendly Chain Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran the chain tonight Brian...
Don't change a thing, but set the rakers just a tick more aggressive...
Like just a couple thou more...
We'll be running a husky, so there's more horsepowah!!!!
:D

That chain is just everyday work chain i use ,the gullets are not even cleaned out ,i will keep those angles ,but clean up the teeth some more than that chain ,seems like i can get steeper angles with a grinding wheel then my file

That chain is just everyday work chain i use ,the gullets are not even cleaned out ,i will keep those angles ,but clean up the teeth some more than that chain ,seems like i can get steeper angles with a grinding wheel then my file
I never could get all the angles I wanted with a grinder. I would file them even after grinding if it wasn't just for cutting firewood.

I dont do this stuff anymore as I lost interest but will be watching your results and videos. :rock::bowdown:

So I dont have to back track. What wood and size you testing in? What saw cc and gear? Ported I take it?

I just used a ATOP square guide and square hand file to do this one. Lot left on the plate that could have been done too.

310mufflermod006.jpg

I dont do this stuff anymore as I lost interest but will be watching your results and videos. :rock::bowdown:

So I dont have to back track. What wood and size you testing in? What saw cc and gear? Ported I take it?

I just used a ATOP square guide and square hand file to do this one. Lot left on the plate that could have been done too.

310mufflermod006.jpg
nice job ,what are your rakes set at ? look a little lower than i run in softwoods

NCM_0509.JPG Same here ,my cutter angles are my work chain ones ,all I did was grind the gullets first ,and took the usg to the rakers so they looked closer to my old rsf chains,I have no idea what else to do even set rakers to my workchain .025 settings

Same here ,my cutter angles are my work chain ones ,all I did was grind the gullets first ,and took the usg to the rakers so they looked closer to my old rsf chains,I have no idea what else to do even set rakers to my workchain .025 settings
I'm going .017 on my rakers for now, I'll run the chain eventually then make adjustments if needed.

Latest posts

Back