Fuel Injection is already here...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not? That should be really easy. Just add on a tachometer couple it with the fuel injection and voila finished.

My question was really if you squirt the fuel into the case, can you time a distinct pulse of fuel so it goes up the transfers and into the chamber, such that you could have mostly clean air before it like strato does? Can you keep from blowing fuel out the open exhaust port?

It seems to me that you'd have to have a very short injection pulse - it can't start too early, it would have to be after the transfers open. It can't last too long or not all of it will get up into the chamber, leaving some in the case, and then there will be no clean air for the next next event. And if you don't let any residual into the case, then there will be no lubrication. Basically, I don't think this system can do what strato does. It can control the fuel/air mixture like AT, but at a much higher mechanical complexity. Naturally the Germans would think more complexity was good.....

This morning at 28* I primed it twice and it fired first pull so in my opinion, no. Much less aggravation that the 400's and 420's I'm used to.

That's cool as everyone knows there gonna be doin the same w the saws, n I was jus wondering bout it.

2 stroke FI

On automotive direct injection setups the injection pulse can be as short as 2-3 milliseconds. What I wonder is how do they get the fuel injection pressure on a small handheld? Is there an electric fuel pump? Or if it injects while piston is on upstroke, it would be injecting into a vacuum, so fuel pressure requirements would be nil.

great pics on the rebuild

Fuel pump is just a small pulse pump under the prime bulb. This bulb will get hard while most just flow fuel to prime the system of air. I am a fan after going through this one first hand. It isn't that bad after you sort it out. Total build time was just under 2 hrs start to finish including interruptions which is on par with most of the saws I do. If I hadn't thrown all the hardware in one box requiring sorting I could have been much faster.

Latest posts

Back