fuel line in bulk or OEM replacement lines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cascadejack

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So on a 372XP rebuild, "all new rubber" fuel lines, etc. Are people buying individual hoses or the pre molded ones for a few $$ extra? I found this one but it's not OEM but looks like it will work... This one I might want the OEM hose I think, others, perhaps not. Just curious is all.
Edited: I do have a part # for my saw: Filter: 503443201, Fuel line: 544325002 the parts below appear to be OEM Husqvarna parts but not an exact match to my saw. (2009 372XPW EPA)
Probably splitting hairs here, but wondering if some can be substituted with straight fuel line is all.
Looking for 372xp builders opinions, I suppose. Thanks for any thoughts and opinions...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/171704719359?hash=item27fa6617ff:g:zNYAAOSweW5U9Qvb&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAAwAl9qybY9o50SKR0EXUHuII7xYjPA34av9aIAjFnI6x2s0xBZbRxDS86u99nyrQ3hp/5yv8FYfLD0OIQip5VkrQu2X4PBpUqlyXskvnzHfglPv1xbCI/wTWuFNO3u36P2nXaNlc96YtES54oJ+VudDptBej25K2ztuKLoS+MeFHvlQVc5+KochOZJAl8ijKKGnMpVyM4BEvCbG80AnyG8iRZf7hkR3wJNjUDUd7jf2a5QVttHSE/Il+jPERp/eMD2Q==|tkp:Bk9SR57z_7qQYgs-l1600 (1).jpg

A problem with online in general, and eBay in particular, is a lot of counterfeit parts. They have the OEM number, or tygon number, but they're China counterfeit so you don't know what you're getting. Might be a deal might be a counterfeit just don't know
I think ErnieG is correct though, it looks like the fuel line and filter I posted is going to be okay. It's OEM just not the exact OEM part # for my exact 372XPW saw. Wish it was not so complicated.

This Ebay seller seems to indicate which parts are "aftermarket" and which are OEM parts.
There must have been a lot of Husqvarna parts stores close down and people bought stuff at auction prices and are reselling those parts now.
I'm glad they are still out there anyways selling parts!

All I gotta say is I have spent hours and hours combing parts on Ebay and Googling part #'s to try and save a few $$ here and there, and there's a lot of people selling Chinese crap parts! Lol... Maybe not crap, but definitely not OEM parts... Then theres another tier up of higher quality aftermarket parts, and then there's OEM parts and OEM prices!
I am trying to get OEM quality for mid-tier aftermarket prices! Perhaps it's not worth the trouble...
Thanks for the input and I'm going to do some googling and see if I can find the answers...
I have a shopping cart list right now for hoses, spark plug, sprocket, etc... That fuel filter is on my list, I can get the same 2 parts, fuel line and fuel filter OEM from Jacks, for almost the same price.
Don't worry, I won't use Chinese parts on my 372 saw. Might use them on a Poulan or a Rancher 55, but the 372 gets all the OEM parts! Picture is kind of small but that's my new OEM piston and Cylinder kit, just got it today for about 220$, free shipping. (Price has now gone up again)
Note the single piston ring. I really like that. 50mm 372XP piston and cylinder kit.
Cannot get a 51.4 P/C so have to go with this part below...
IMG_20230603_145741990.jpg

Use the OEM mostly. Bulk and custom. Much better fit and life. The plastic stuff will fail sooner. Use both depending on brand. We all have at least 8 boxes of line to cover sizes of various brands and types of equipment .
DO NOT skimp on cheap fuel line. Ain't worth it.

I used to work with the worst chemicals and out fitted chemistry labs/equipment.

For flexible tubing they make Teflon lined Nalgene. It is both pricey and a PITA to work with, but impervious to most fuels/hydrocarbons/alcohols/chlorinated solvents /aromatic solvents/gases.....phosgene, chlorine, acids, bases.....

Trying to get it on a tubing barb, makes putting a Stihl oil line on a pump look like childs play. If you get it installed properly, it lasts until you take it apart.

So on a 372XP rebuild, "all new rubber" fuel lines, etc. Are people buying individual hoses or the pre molded ones for a few $$ extra? I found this one but it's not OEM but looks like it will work... This one I might want the OEM hose I think, others, perhaps not. Just curious is all.
Edited: I do have a part # for my saw: Filter: 503443201, Fuel line: 544325002 the parts below appear to be OEM Husqvarna parts but not an exact match to my saw. (2009 372XPW EPA)
Probably splitting hairs here, but wondering if some can be substituted with straight fuel line is all.
Looking for 372xp builders opinions, I suppose. Thanks for any thoughts and opinions...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/171704719359?hash=item27fa6617ff:g:zNYAAOSweW5U9Qvb&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAAwAl9qybY9o50SKR0EXUHuII7xYjPA34av9aIAjFnI6x2s0xBZbRxDS86u99nyrQ3hp/5yv8FYfLD0OIQip5VkrQu2X4PBpUqlyXskvnzHfglPv1xbCI/wTWuFNO3u36P2nXaNlc96YtES54oJ+VudDptBej25K2ztuKLoS+MeFHvlQVc5+KochOZJAl8ijKKGnMpVyM4BEvCbG80AnyG8iRZf7hkR3wJNjUDUd7jf2a5QVttHSE/Il+jPERp/eMD2Q==|tkp:Bk9SR57z_7qQYgView attachment 1087597
Hose looks legit but filter appears to be stens or rotary aftermarket. Not too big a deal really they’re good filters.

Hose looks legit but filter appears to be stens or rotary aftermarket. Not too big a deal really they’re good filters.
That's also what I was thinking, if the filter works and I don't leave it on there forever it might be a place where I can safely use non-OEM parts on my new build! But it's not much more for OEM either...

This horse has been beaten enough, many thanks for all the feedback, now it's getting way too hot to even use a chainsaw in the woods, so probaby going to be some people selling saws is my guess.

Thanks... good info. Also interesting they have "genuine Echo.... tygon". Obviously it says "fuel return" ... is that a general practice by OEMs... fuel supply one material, fuel return another?

Is part of the problem that actual tygon does a pretty decent job but most of the crap posted on amazon/ebay which is labeled tygon (if it even has that name) is just yellow plastic of whatever type the manufacturer found laying around the supply house?

tygon.jpg

Thanks... good info. Also interesting they have "genuine Echo.... tygon". Obviously it says "fuel return" ... is that a general practice by OEMs... fuel supply one material, fuel return another?

Is part of the problem that actual tygon does a pretty decent job but most of the crap posted on amazon/ebay which is labeled tygon (if it even has that name) is just yellow plastic of whatever type the manufacturer found laying around the supply house?

View attachment 1130001
Dont even do regular real tygon IMHO. Unless in the small size for the small plastic saws and trimmers that use it.

Fake is fake and much worse in tygon and echo. Just say no to it.

Stick to OEM echo line.

View attachment 1130001
I believe that is preferred for return lines so you can see if/when fuel makes it through the carb and starts going back in the tank.

It has to do with EPA and CARB imperviousness to vapor "leaking" out through the hose. One type/material is for vapor, oanother is for intermittently wet with fuel and the last is for continually wet with fuel.

Back