fuel mix? homelite super xl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to comment but noticed that this is a Zombie thread from about a year ago so I am sure the OP has figured out that 50 to 1 is a saw killer when using alki gas. I use 32:1 with 92 unleaded and Husky XP and no carbon or excessive smoke here, I also have nice brown spark plugs. I was using 40:1 until I pulled the plug on my brand new Echo CS400 and saw that it was white, adjusted mix and no more white plug.

I just got my dads Super XL running. It had been sitting in the wood shed for about 8 years. All it needed was a fuel line but grandpa bought him a Stihl one year for Christmas so there in the shed it sat. I installed new line, put new spark plug in, used the stuff from Lowes (50:1) and she fired on the third pull. Gotta love these old homelites! That's 1 saw running, 3 to go!

I run all my 2 strokes at 32-1. Makes figuring how much to mix easier, donnt have to b
Pay 26 dollars for 6 50-1 stihl mix bottles, and i buymix by the gallon. None of my saws have seized. My pistons skirts and cylinders look just fine. It keeps em running.

Back