Fuel prices driving any vehicle or driving changes for you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gas prices can get really political.... NOT the intention of this thread. Wondering if fuel prices are driving any changes for you personally or anyone you know.

Personally I'm very lucky I work from home, and I don't NEED to go anywhere. So I'll keep driving trucks and just be smart.

Not only did the fuel prices hurt but the work slowed too due to inflation. So we are taking a beating all the way around and this is all planned.
And the constant attacks by the government on the supply chains….

Memorial day at the beach on DelMarVa was a complete disaster, no one could afford to go…

global problem, because fuel has been dirt cheap for years (subsidised)
saw this coming years ago, and bought one of these in 2018

61854toy-scaled.jpg

global problem, because fuel has been dirt cheap for years (subsidised)
saw this coming years ago, and bought one of these in 2018

View attachment 994001
Just curious,was there an option to have your epithet on the inside of the bonnet so they can just open it and bury you in the car? Lol

No changes for me. I've been driving the EV a lot and have been charging at work which is about 1/3 the cost of charging at home. It costs me about $3.25 to drive the 65 mile round trip, and I like to speed. I'll get out and burn some expensive gas in the Shelby this summer though.

I *think* there are less cars on the road these days. Hard to be sure, but the backups on the freeway aren't as bad as they were a month ago.

No changes for me. I've been driving the EV a lot and have been charging at work which is about 1/3 the cost of charging at home. It costs me about $3.25 to drive the 65 mile round trip, and I like to speed. I'll get out and burn some expensive gas in the Shelby this summer though.

I *think* there are less cars on the road these days. Hard to be sure, but the backups on the freeway aren't as bad as they were a month ago.
That's looking on the bright side! Just came into Sacramento for my wife's cataract surgery, no back ups in the usual places. Made it 20 minutes early!

Traffic is down here too…the high energy prices are simply crushing families…people here have pretty much rejected EV’s.

but I was more thinking the size of your car…if you hit my Ford F-350, you’d never stand a chance….

Traffic is down here too…the high energy prices are simply crushing families…people here have pretty much rejected EV’s.

but I was more thinking the size of your car…if you hit my Ford F-350, you’d never stand a chance….

The Mach-E is very safe, relatively speaking. But yeah, I'd like to be in my F250 Super Duty Crew Cab diesel if we are going to crash!

It is heartbreaking to see what gas prices like this do to the average family's finances.

No real changes here but then again we are real home bodies. We dont go anywhere thats not a necessity.

I've always had a long enough commute where it made sense to have a car. 14 gallons of diesel every 2 weeks isn't life changing...but everything else that's attached to high oil prices sure is starting to add up.

Heat with an outdoor Woodstove so I feel fortunate not to have to worry about a heating bill. Work comes easy.

I Haven't made time to hunt in probably 20 years but with the outlook of beef and current pricing it's looking like my priorities are about to change. Feeding teenage boys is the single biggest hit we're taking right now.

It's mostly changed what vehicles I drive. I've got a Dodge 2500 diesel and a Toyota Tacoma...they both get about the same mpg, but diesel is insanely expensive right now...so I try to use the Taco as much as I can. It's got the dumb little 5' bed vs the 8' on the Dodge, so it's a challenge sometimes.

I also ride my streetbike whenever I can get away with it. 45-55 mpg is so much easier to deal with than 18-20mpg.

Yes, the truck and the RV are staying home for now and driving the Honda Civic less.
Just doing my part to reduce the demand to keep prices from rising further for others, rather than a personal financial constraint. Those that don't believe in supply and demand economics, are experiencing an expensive lesson and those who counted on energy sourced from a pseudo-dictator are hurting even worse.

Back