Full House Chain???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EHHH! Nice gerth there Gypo!
You seem to have a handle on all the big wood up nort der eh!

drew

Here is a close up view. Note how I have cleaned debris from around the base of the tree and created an escape route as well.
John

Gypo;

You are going to have to take a sabbatical to let the woods regrow a bit I think! Perhaps Treespyder can comment at greater lenght on your technique, but it looks to me like you got a good handle on the situation John.

Frank

The one problem is that you've finnished your back cut and are still in the area.

I do beleive proper technique requires the feller to exit in a safe direction as the tree comes down;)

Hi John, I too gave that some thought as well, but what I did was tie it off to the crown of a larger stem , thus holding it up so it wouldn't be dangerous. This method works well while domino falling- several stems can be felled simultanteously with a pusher tree.
John

Hey Gypo, you don't want to do too much of that domino falling, as typically you leave too much holding wood on the "pushed" trees...and as a result can lead to damage to the best part of the trees.

My God Gypo
When you went and got your tooth fixed , are you sure they froze the right part
you said he did a root canal , if it was on your upper jaw i think i would go back and see him , i think he drilled WAY to far up in your jaw

Hi Dennis, someone on that job wasn't doing their homework.
When confronted with a tree that looks like it wants to pull some fibre, it is prudent to keep it standing by making a "teepee", which is several stems felled strategicaly into it.
This den like configuration of stems doubles nicely as a wolf cubby and makeshift pup tent that serves itself well as an overnighter.
John

Hi Ed, that is kinda what I was thinking, now everything seems so small. I recovered from the freezing maybe, but not from the bill= 1600.00$.
John

you should came up here , i would of do itfor half of that
i know what you talking about
i got 3 steel pins in my upper jaw ,and we did this with no freezing because the pins were right next to some nerves they told me and the freezing would cloud up the xrays , thats what they told me so each pin took 3 hours to do and one pile of xrays to make sure they were going in the right area
the bill we donot want to talk about that but half of a truck would be close

Hey Sanborn, Art asked me to tell the site why I hated him. I gave him a fair answer. Although not about chainsaws, I shared my ideas with the site why I didn't hate him and how he should make himself useful and start another filing thread. I think that's what a Moderator would want!
Crofter, I'm 53 so that would make Art 106 according to you, Dennis

I am not sure full house chain would be my first choice for cutting a piano, unless I were actually planning on gluing it back together again. IMHO, the chainsawing of such an instrument would be a glorious display of wanton destruction. Therefore, I would recommend .404, or even 1/2 pitch semi-skip for maximum dramatic effect.

Dennis Cahoon.

Check your math. 53 and half as old again is high 70's. The exact numbers are not important. If you look away back one of my first posts after you came on was to the effect that you can t command respect; you have to earn it. Art HAS earned our respect. He has given a lot. The ball is in your court not his!

Frank

How about this, noby responds to Cahoons postings unless they are on topic?

I know you guys want to defend your freind, but responding only keeps the BS going.

Let's see if a little restraint from the group as a whole will make things better.

Topic-Full House Chain

Sanborn, Unlike most in this thread I have built full house chain. They didn't cut any faster than my full comp. and it was a lot more work to build. But don't take my word for it, go build one and see for yourself. Maybe you'll come up with different results, and if you do, get back to the site and give all your data to those guys that just don't have time to experiment themselves. And if you can do this, you will soon become a guru on the site, instead of just a moderator! Good luck, Dennis

"Unlike most in this thread I have built full house chain. They didn't cut any faster than my full comp. and it was a lot more work to build. "

Yet in 9 pages of buffoonery, you have yet to "share" any of your wisdom or experience on the subject. I've yet to read any of your postings or the banned Fales that are anything but boasting or bashing, no sharing or teaching, no exchanging of ideas.

You very well may be accomplished in your field, but you come across as a child stomping and screaming about being better than others, when you aren't making faces at others. 53 going on 3. Grow up or shut up.

You guys make spikedsupra look like a contributing member.

Newfie,
What part of, “They didn’t cut any faster than my full comp, and it was a lot more work to build” did you not understand? And you wonder why I don’t want to offer information. Every post like yours just hurts the people here that want some added chain information. What you and some others don’t understand, is this site doesn’t have all the information to build the “fastest” race chain. Maybe a good chain, but not the “ fastest”! Believe this or not, I don’t care!
I have shown many people how I set-up and file chain, and the inside of my saw motors. I’m not afraid of giving out information to other racers, because it improves the competition, and good competition in racing is what its all about. But I’ll be ????ed if I’m going to give certain ignorant people on this site any information. And with your last post, you just joined the club.
Dennis

"What is involved in making a full house chain?"

This is the question that Rich Hoffman asked. As far as I can "understand" so far this entire thread has only briefly touched on the subject.

“They didn’t cut any faster than my full comp, and it was a lot more work to build” did you not understand?

I understood it perfectly. It seems to me that you don't feel its worth the time and effort to build and so I guess not worth the time and effort to explain.

Glad to be nominated to the Club.

Originally posted by Newfie
"What is involved in making a full house chain?"

This is the question that Rich Hoffman asked. As far as I can "understand" so far this entire thread has only briefly touched on the subject.

“They didn’t cut any faster than my full comp, and it was a lot more work to build” did you not understand?

I understood it perfectly. It seems to me that you don't feel its worth the time and effort to build and so I guess not worth the time and effort to explain.

Glad to be nominated to the Club.

Thanx Newfie!!!

Are you tricking me, or am I tricking you?

Newfie, You really don't know how much time I'm trying to save you. But if you insist, put a left hand tooth between two drivers, spin it on, and then a right hand tooth, so that you have a tooth on every driver. Make it the length you need and spin it together. Then file each gullet, each raker front till vertical, each tooth for sharpness and file the back of each tooth at a small forward angle. Then stone both sides of the chain and make a cut to see if it cuts straight. If it does, then make another one just like that one, only full comp. Then get yourself some equal wood and make a bunch of test cuts with both, for time, and then get back to me, and tell me which one cut fastest. Show me your not a wimp! Good Luck, Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back