Full or Skip Chisel on a 570

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bajapower

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone think a 570 with a 24" bar would have a problem pulling a full chisel chain? or should i stick with a skip /semi chisel?

The 570 should pull full comp on a 24, but it definately would be happier with skip, and filing is a heck of a lot faster.

Try both, and I think you'll like the skip for everything but whippy limbs, even if it is a bit slower bucking.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The 570 should pull full comp on a 24, but it definately would be happier with skip, and filing is a heck of a lot faster.

Try both, and I think you'll like the skip for everything but whippy limbs, even if it is a bit slower bucking.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I don't really agree regarding the filing, as you obviously have to do it more often, with 2/3 as many cutters doing the same job.

I don't really agree regarding the filing, as you obviously have to do it more often, with 2/3 as many cutters doing the same job.

Nah!!!

Touch up every refuel break, and there is no difference except less time spent.;)

HARDWOODS Troll.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

My 570 does a great job with; red and white oak softer maples and white pine w/full comp 24 inch bar. I like the skip in the realy pulp stuff for chip clearing.
I would recommend as stated above, try them both $20 is not a bad price to see if it makes your work easier.
-Chris

Latest posts

Back