Full skip semi-chisel? Gettin paid to cut stumps.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I'd go with the 404. All the old fallers swear by it durability wise. Shoot you may like it so much you stick with it for falling. Supposed to last a long time in gritty conditions and something about that wider kerf helps with pinching or something, I forget exactly what the other benefits are. Set chokers on a park job with an AK faller. He said he used the carbide stuff down on a river delta where grit got blown into the bark. Worked good but you wore the chain out before the cutters were used up. I've stumped a few doug fir and spurce rounds. 372 32" 3/8 full skip pulled okay, just couldn't keep a nice strait cut. Was trying for an extra round of firewood out of it.

if clearance is not a prob you can get larger machines. mine is 60hp oil burner. on the remote control machines they make a 100hp model same thing as mine but physically bigger . benefits are you can take a walk while you work and if you take a spill with it at least your not on the machine. on anything like this hp is your friend. get a hold of me sometime and you can demo mine. check out carltons site they have some bigger machines , it's only money.

Back