Fun little rigging job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We had some fun rigging out this easy 4 trunked dead pine last week.

Mickey has only worked with us a bit...he's a top notch arborist...has worked a lot with my pal Eli, and Dan Kraus.....he excells at pruning, but does well with removals---and he slutted and posed a bunch for the camera, I'd say:

Here's a slide show...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157606223020605/show/

and a coupla teasers...
After felling the first of 4 trunks
2676747331_08a5a70dc2_o.jpg

Zipped some limbs...
2676748673_debf926127_o.jpg

Winched this lead up and out whole, gotta love the GRCS
2677565388_f05e55e91f_o.jpg

2677565476_1483127cb8_o.jpg

Lowering the top
2677566082_e216de91af_o.jpg

Butt hitched one log...
2676786595_cc6f264c53_o.jpg

Next, we tip tied, picked and lowered two or three sections aloft, then did the same with the butt. (Last, we free dropped single or double rounds of the jin pole spar.) I'd left our static line at home, but the 1/2 inch old double braid did the job with nary a whimper---woulda been nice to have had the no stretch (and stronger) line..but hey....somebody get me a reminder electric prodder, eh!?

2677566320_29e5b94e69_o.jpg

Had three craiglist firewood folks show up and take all the wood, which was great. I'd had to lower my bid to meet a low-baller...but no big deal. The job was $1500----but I mostly took pics. I did rig out the last two picks then chunked down the spar. Job was about 14 manhours plus a bit of my time on the "real" job. No dump time, as someone showed up and took the chips-- two blocks away, gotta love it!
Then I ground some stumps with my little Alpine Magnum, and the guys did another job, which I helped finish....A $3000 day will never cause me to develop tummy pains!!! and the other job was low bid as well....

Last edited:
I had to stop when I saw him one handing, that was enough for me, you should be ashamed you let that unsafe practice on your job. And you posted it here! Tsk, tsk.

Looked good rb, just joking. Were they killed by the pine beetle?

Nah.....

prolly just drought stress, and site specific..not even western white pine blister rust....lots of 'em dying in town....

I two handed a climb saw.....

..back in .82....

once...

or twice.....

I don't think so....lemme call and ask....

hey Brian, are you a.....?

He says, Nope....

Too bad we didn't have a fancy manlift like yours....:dizzy:

that job would be done in 20 minutes with me, my fancy manlift, and one guatemalan.
seriously... 20 minutes and that whole tree would be down

that job would be done in 20 minutes with me, my fancy manlift, and one guatemalan.
seriously... 20 minutes and that whole tree would be down

you, sonny, are an idiot.....and not worthy to pick up our excre..

errr... garbage....?

I swear that first shot looked photoshopped. It wasn't for the others...

Good job.

How so? I did some sharpening.....that's it, I think...

I did use fill flash on it and some others. Note the backlight.

Back and sidelight are exciting...

....and challenging to capture properly.

good job men! very professional and all American.:cheers:

Nice job RB! Those are excellent pictures with the contrast of that beautiful sky. I like how the climber threw a sling on his climbing line when tied into that pole, very safe. That GRCS action looks sweet, we are going to be getting are first one by fall. Great shots all around of the process and gear, keep it comming, you're good at it.

Mickey has the same helmet as when I worked with him a while back. I even have one of his pieces of artwork on my wall. However he didn't have that gut when I saw him last :p

Nice work and great pictures.

Latest posts

Back