Fungus?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snake_2586

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This is, or should I say was a chojuro Pear, it came into flower this spring then was hit hard by late frosts, I thought it might recover so I left it alone, only to walk past it today to find it like this.

If you cut a small branch off the bark/cambiane layer is black and the wood green.

I know this tree is no more, my question is, as I have another which is not looking so healthy, can I do anything to prevent its loss also?

IMG_20150613_153332483_HDR.jpg IMG_20150613_153351207.jpg IMG_20150613_153359057_HDR.jpg

Heres the pic of the root collar, I planted it end of november last year to the original soil line that it arived with.

CO1.4.jpg

Sorry for the delay, the 'white stuff' feels kinda like saw dust, like you would get from a band saw and is all the way up the trunk in small spots, it is just that it is falling and the guard is containing it, (maybe some kind of boring insect but I do not know of any in my area) I don't know if it is just produced by the tree when it died, this is the first of this variety I have planted.

The couple of nicks in the bark are where I caught it with the shovel as I dug around it.

IMG_20150621_154610101_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back