Funny thing happened on the way to the Dealer...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got a smashed up 200t on the bench...apparently when the groundie backs the bucket truck over a 200t it causes a lot of damage to said 200t... :(
anyway the muffler was damaged before ( at least a year it was rattling around) and the handle/tank were the big losers in the battle. so I decided to re-ring the top end while I was there anyway( had to have the threads redone on the exhaust)
SO ...I called the dealer and ordered a set of rings...bingo $22 for the pair....not too bad....then I remembered hey why not get a price for the piston kit and do the entire top ?
So I asked how much for the piston kit.....here's where it gets funny....yup $27 bucks for the piston, rings, clips and wrist pin. so a piston for a 200t costs about $3 bucks...who knew.:clap:

I ordered both the rings and the piston kit just too make sure I wasn't just dreaming.

Just passing pricing along for y'all.

A

I rarely mess with Stihl equip, other than the FS 55 line trimmer I bought cheap, because of their parts prices.

You ordered the piston kit, and it really is around $30.00?

That should be non-issue

because

it rarely happens

:yes:.
you gotta shop around son...
the past few top ends Ive done were all OEM Stihl as they were the cheaper option. there has been some discussion as to a few differences in castings and such but I haven't noticed it in all the "new" priced pistons and bearings so far.

That should be non-issue

because

it rarely happens

:yes:.
honestly Jim, most don't really know what the prices for these parts. they don't go through that many at all...unless the shop and the front desk are one
Around here a Stihl shop is it's own business and not a department at a big store. They order and sell many many parts and can usually quote prices off the top of their head. They get pissed when they hear about another Stihl dealer selling parts for less. I know this because I witness it.

Around here a Stihl shop is it's own business and not a department at a big store. They order and sell many many parts and can usually quote prices off the top of their head. They get pissed when they hear about another Stihl dealer selling parts for less. I know this because I witness it.

that's good for everyone ..glad to hear it..most shops here are mower shops that have a stihl dealership.

Latest posts

Back