Garage sale find's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to to tell you about the three says I picked up in the last past week.... These are going to pay for many of my past "mistakes":greenchainsaw:

That's funny you should say that. I paid too much for one of my saws 2 years ago, but than the next year, I picked up an excellent condition 034 for $36 at a yard sale. Figure I got back even and then some.

Garage Sale Finds

Beleive it or not your right, my shelves are filled to the hilt. That 038 is still up at the shop, I really got no place in the shed to put it. Guess I'll have to build another shed soon,hehe,LOL

Tom
You should give all your saws to the Smithsonian Museum. I can see it now, the Tom Hall - hall

Tom
You should give all your saws to the Smithsonian Museum. I can see it now, the Tom Hall - hall

When I'm dead and gone the grandson gets em all, well I could send one down there, THE SAWTROLL 372 EXPRESS, Compliments of TOM HALL,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

When I'm dead and gone the grandson gets em all, well I could send one down there, THE SAWTROLL 372 EXPRESS, Compliments of TOM HALL,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Make sure you put down oil dry first.................before displaying your 372 Tom...

Here is my find of this weekend.. I know it isn't a chainsaw but, it was my
1st garage sale of the year.

I went there about a half hour late as he told me he had just sold a Husqvarna chainsaw and poulan for $125.00 for both.... :cry:

so yeah.. I went home dejected and unfulfilled in my chainsaw addiction of late.

Then I remembered a drill press they had there and went back sunday just to see if it was still there... YUP it was! They had $100.00 on it, I picked it up for $75.00. Not a bad deal IMO on a nice 5/8" chuck 12 speed drill press.

DrillPress002.jpg

DrillPress005.jpg

DrillPress011.jpg

and after some cleaning

DrillPress013.jpg

Runs great!

It's nice spring is almost here, I can't wait for more finds at the garage sales and flea markets.

Dave

bought at work .

The 066w was $200 , fella was unable to start it . I've inspected it completely and it's mint . P & C like new . The 025 was also $200 ,less than 5 hrs on it , bought from a weekend camper who was divorcing . Immaculate . Paid $60 for the little Poulan ,(what was I thinking?) Ran fine but since opened it up and P&C is hatched . Parts on order and plan to restore it , good little climbing saw .

Here is my find of this weekend.. I know it isn't a chainsaw but, it was my
1st garage sale of the year.

I went there about a half hour late as he told me he had just sold a Husqvarna chainsaw and poulan for $125.00 for both.... :cry:

so yeah.. I went home dejected and unfulfilled in my chainsaw addiction of late.

Then I remembered a drill press they had there and went back sunday just to see if it was still there... YUP it was! They had $100.00 on it, I picked it up for $75.00. Not a bad deal IMO on a nice 5/8" chuck 12 speed drill press.

Runs great!

It's nice spring is almost here, I can't wait for more finds at the garage sales and flea markets.

Dave

Hmmmm... no holes in the table! Wasn't a homeowner used unit!:cheers:

This wasn't a garage sale, but a customer gave me this saw because he was to old and couldn't start it.
A new carb, and an hour of my time sold it for 500$ on ebay. Pro Mac 1000
100_0632.jpg

This wasn't a garage sale, but a customer gave me this saw because he was to old and couldn't start it.
100_0632.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeee doggie, thats a saw and half there and for free, man it was your lucky day...

attachment.php

Here's a nice 041AV I took in today. It let go a clutch side crank bearing but overall its in pretty good shape. A one owner saw bought new some 25-30 years ago. Customer went home with a new 361 and told me to enjoy that old 041AV. Thinking how Mow and Belgian are searching for one of these I'm gonna enjoy this saw alot,LOLOLOL Is gonna be a nice project saw. The old guy said it ran great right up to the second that bearing let go. Has alot of compression. Looks like he really took care of it over the years. He said its cut a awful lot of wood in its day. For about 40 bucks and some time she'll be up and running again.

100_0632.jpg

BloodOnTheIce Your a Sthil dealer so how did you get that saw inside the front door, let alone on the front counter. But that is a nice looking ProMac 1000.

no pics, but a couple years back I picked up a decent homelite 770d at garage sale for $15. Cleaned air filter, gave her some fresh gas in the tank and a few pulls and fired up. She doesn't like to run that smooth though. I'd like to open up that carb to clean it up good but am afraid I won't find new seals. Figured I'd just save it for collection. No comparison to the 7900!:greenchainsaw:

Back