gas and oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

all stihl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i was thinking about changing from the h p stihl 2 stroke oil to the h p ultra.just wondering is it worth it. any help would be great thank u

Oh good an oil thread it has been 4 minutes....:hmm3grin2orange:

yep.. he had 10 whole posts before this one. You'd think he'd have figured it out by by now!:msp_mad:

I've been using it for years. Won't use anything else in my BR600.

Last edited:
i was thinking about changing from the h p stihl 2 stroke oil to the h p ultra.just wondering is it worth it. any help would be great thank u
To answer your question....YES....it's worth it..!!

This assuming you want to just use Stihl brand oil..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Yes its good oil, but not worth the price IMO, here is equal and better oil out there for less $$ but to each there own and if you want to use it you'll be happy.

I use it in everything 50:1. Love the smell too first thing in the morning it'll wake you up whoooo. I can justify the cost because a gallon lasts about a month. It also cleans up old engines. 50 cents more than then hp regular ain't bad.

sounds like i will be swithing to h p ultra thank all of u sorry i didnt see the other post but it would not have answerd my question

I know it ain't right to answer a question with another question, but...

Are you having problems with the regular HP? And if'n it ain't broke, why are you trying to fix it?

To answer your question....YES....it's worth it..!!

Why? Seriously... Why is it worth it? What, and how much, do I gain for the extra buck?
Hey, I'm not trying to start a wizzin' contest, but I see a lot of praises on synthetic two-cycle oils and most of those praises are just re-quotes of advertizing lingo. Again, and seriously, has anyone run two identical saws side-by-side, one running regular HP, the other running Ultra... until one blew up first? Has anyone compared the same saw running HP vs. Ultra on a dynamometer?

To just say, "I've been running Ultra for x-amount of years and had no problems" ain't any sort of proof. I've never used a synthetic in anything, most of my equipment is something over twenty years old (some over 40 years old) and I've never had any problems either.

Seriously, I'd just like something tangible on why it's worth it? What specifically do I gain?

Back