Gas can -- new (and old)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livemusic

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want to buy a good 2 gal can and a 5 gal can. I am surprised at how expensive gas cans are these days! Does anyone have a recommendation? I am leaning toward buying steel but I'm open to whatever.

Also... I sometimes see an old steel can at antique shops and flea markets but I've never bought one because I wonder about rust inside. Do you think that is a concern? Buying an old one is certainly much cheaper than new.

But, I need more than one anyway, lol.

I just bought a no spill jug because I see so many people using them here. It is awesome. 2.5 gallon was 22 bucks at tractor supply. I believe the 5 gallon is 32.00 but its money well spent for a good product. It's nice to finally have can that's not a leaky piece of $hit!

There's a new player on the field also for higher end plastic cans. It's too expensive for my taste but worth a click to check it out. https://www.surecanusa.com

The No Spill looks good but this one might even be better. And I like The Sharks show, lol. Maybe I can find a way to view that episode, would be interesting to hear their pitch and the response.

i bought one of the nospilljill jugs and i like it but they say you have to watch out for the oring that seals

I got the Eagle Eagle UI-50-FS red galvanized steel can for about $35 from Amazon. It works pretty well and is easy to pour from--the funnel attaches to the can for pouring. It's easy to control the flow with the pull handle. This is an OSHA approved can if you're going to be using it on a job site.
EagleGasCan_.jpg

I like Wedco cans you can get from Walmart. Not as good as they used to be, but I likely the isolated vent, and the price is good too.

I have a couple no-spill cans. They are the best I could find these days but not perfect. In the summer if I move them from the shade to the sun they blow up (pressurize) and if I move them from sun to shade they suck in like a raisin (vacuum) so I must remember to loosen the cap when setting down in the new location. To reform the raisin can just set it back in the sun a little while. There is no vent.

I have been using a 1.25 gal no spill for about 2 months and so far I really like it. I paid $15 +/- I will be buying a couple larger ones for other equipment.

That's what I have Corey and no complaints yet seem like a good can

I bought a 2.5 gal. No-Spill jug for my dad's snow blower. I've only had occasion to use it a few times so far.

So far, no real complaints. I did order the flexible extension for it, so that it can be used in other applications.

th

flexible-fuel-can-spout-extension0.jpg

No spill for me. I do have a 5 gal. eagle metalcan also. got it at the blue box store.

Back