Gas dumped on me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ludwiggler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
When I turn my 029 super so that the gas and oil caps face the ground, I get gas dripping out. I tightened the gas cap and observed it carefully. Its coming from elsewhere than the gas cap. I thought cracked gas lines or cracked tank. I couldn't resist tearing into it and now I need help confirming something I've observed. The gas lines are good, not cracked and the tank holds pressure. I think a vent is the culprit. There is a vent that looks like it needs a hose to somewhere but I don't have a parts diagram. Also should I get a new sprocket?

View attachment 179894View attachment 179895View attachment 179896

When I turn my 029 super so that the gas and oil caps face the ground, I get gas dripping out. I tightened the gas cap and observed it carefully. Its coming from elsewhere than the gas cap. I thought cracked gas lines or cracked tank. I couldn't resist tearing into it and now I need help confirming something I've observed. The gas lines are good, not cracked and the tank holds pressure. I think a vent is the culprit. There is a vent that looks like it needs a hose to somewhere but I don't have a parts diagram. Also should I get a new sprocket?

View attachment 179894View attachment 179895View attachment 179896

Yeah the tank vent needs a small hose with a couple of grub screws in it...

and I have seen worse as far as worn sprockets go, but while you have it off, and oregon replacement should be like $18....

Latest posts

Back