GB Bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Neb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Who carries GB Bars? I've checked most of the sponsor's here. Are the titanium one's any better than the normal steel?

I think Dean at Washington Pro Saws is a GB dealer and he's a site sponsor.

I have several GB titanium bars and I'm happy with them. I don't really know if there is actually titanium in the steel alloy or if it's just a marketing name but I do know they are HARD. Found that out when I drilled through one.

I have 3 Carlton branded bars, which are made by GB and titanium. Bailey's close out piles. They take less drive links than Oregon, so check your loops. The 20" I have measures 19" from the clutch cover, and is 70DL. I wonder how much titanium is in there as they are not light. They are showing little wear so far.

I wonder how much titanium is in there as they are not light. They are showing little wear so far.

From what I have read here, they are much heavier than Stihl and Oregons, closer to Cannon/Woodsmanpro.

I would stay away, but that's just the weight-saving Troll.......:cheers:

I care more about weight than durability in bars, as I am not a pro.

Last edited:
From what I have read here, they are much heavier than Stihl and Oregons, closer to Cannon/Woodsmanpro.

I would stay away, but that's just the weight-saving Troll.......:cheers:

I care more about weight than durability in bars, as I am not a pro.

The 44" and 72" GB bars I have are much thicker than my 66" Cannon.

I also have a 20" GB and 20" Stihl and I can't much difference between those two. I may pull them off and weigh them tonight.

I'm looking for a 28" bar for a 7900. Any suggestions??? I want durable, light as possible, reasonable priced. I've heard good things about GB bars but I would be willing to try another brand. I'm only familiar with Stihl.

I'm looking for a 28" bar for a 7900. Any suggestions??? I want durable, light as possible, reasonable priced. I've heard good things about GB bars but I would be willing to try another brand. I'm only familiar with Stihl.

If you want light weight take a look at Oregon reduced wieght bars. RiverRat2 had one at the GTG and he had good things to say about it. I don't know how long they come though.

I think the GB Ti bars are awsome!!! I wish they would come out with them in the small Husky mount!!! I don't think they wear as good as the Stihl ES bars, but very close, I would not hesitate to buy another one!!

orange

What model of GB bars are the orange ones, I've seen orange and white ones. I went on their site and only saw white bars. I've never had a GB bar, but I am going to get one soon and want to know what i'm ordereing.:hmm3grin2orange: :biggrinbounce2: ;) :laugh:

The orange ones are the Titanium series, the white ones are the ProTop series. The ProTops are a good bar, but after runnig the Ti's, I preffer them.

The orange ones are the Titanium series, the white ones are the ProTop series. The ProTops are a good bar, but after runnig the Ti's, I preffer them.

I hate to disagree, but I'll my titanium bars are white. I really don't know the difference between the colors myself. Maybe it has something to so with them all being roller nose bars.

Last edited:
I hate to disagree, but I'll my titanium bars are white. I really don't know the difference between the colors myself. Maybe it has something to so with them all being roller nose bars.

Interesting, my 32" is a roller, and it's orange, and that is all I've ever seen the Ti bars in, all my small mounts have been white Protops.

confused

That is what I'm confused about. I want the orange bars not the white.:biggrinbounce2: :hmm3grin2orange:

Gb

There's always Krylon.:D

In my GB catalog, all the pictures of sprocket nose, titanium bars are orange. All others are white.

I've seen orange and white replacible sproket nose GB bars. I just want to know what to say so I get the orange ones.:confused: :greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

Here are a couple of mine ..

Back