GB Forestry Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ittybittyfitty

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with GB Forestry bars? I was going to get a Tsumura or Sugi 24" lightweight but they seem to be out at my normal sources. Then I noticed Stahl's has GB Pro Top bars. I've never really heard of these and can't find much info about them. I'm wondering how they compare from a quality standpoint and also weight wise.

http://www.gbforestry.com.au/store/chainsaw-products/chainsaw-bars/pro-top-bars

Up there with the best bars I have ever used personally- well the Titanium ones were.
Australian made- the orange ones look pretty on Husqvarna saws, probably heavier than a lot of the competition- but quality weighs.
I would compare them to old Windsor without a problem.
For those in America, they might be a bit of a sleeper brand that most people don't know about, but they are considered pretty much top of the line over here and about the only suppliers of large milling bars that won't clean out your cheque account!

I currently use the Arbortech ones on my 200T and 201T- they take all the abuse I can throw at them, but have not bought a new GB bar for a larger rear handle in some time- you don't need to once you own a few.

Also meant to say that I dug up an old thread where someone weighed a GB titanium pro top bar vs a standard tsumura and the GB was just barely heavier.

Back