Geardrive Orline Mustang 13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This is one curious saw! 1.3ci and gear drive. Go figure.

Anyway, I picked this one up at an estate sale last weekend. It looks complete and feels like it has good compression. I cleaned it up some (just a wipe-down, no steam cleaning) and realized that I have no need at all for something like this, even if I could get it to run. It seems to have spark but is not getting fuel. Still has part of the original "Gear Drive" sticker on the bar.

Open to offers or trades. If there isn't any interest in a day or two then it's off to eBay.

Orline_1.jpg

Orline_2.jpg

Orline_3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find,

They were a very popular small saw. I believe around 1.9CI. They are desirable by the RC guys. I have them in the various color config's.

Bill

RaisedByWolves said:
If Im not mistaken, orline used to make model airplane engines, didnt they?

Yes they were used by the RC guys I thought I mentioned that but maybe not. I am suffering from early onset AZ so I forget things quite often. They were used in planes, boats, cars , and etc .

Bill

Bill G said:
Nice find,

They were a very popular small saw. I believe around 1.9CI. They are desirable by the RC guys. I have them in the various color config's.

Bill

Yep, you did. I took it to mean that they modded them for airplanes, and I was thinking that they made something along the lines and of the type of the Ohlsson/rice (O/R) engines.

My uncle was (rip) AMA # 455! circa 1950's

Im somewhere in the 40k numbers:D

I have seen O/R on an very big 1/5 (i think) scale plane before at an R/C swap in MI.
Anyways, how much is an old saw like that worth?????

Back