Gearing up. Saws are ready

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got maybe 8-10" on Block Island. Power went out last night at 7:30, and came back on at 10:30 this morning (Thank GOD for wood stoves). There's a layer of ice under everything, the vehicles were ice-clad. I plowed with my tractor once I thought the snow was done, got yelled at by some local power co. nazis who were pissed at me for being on the street plowing my driveway and that of the single older woman across the street from me...sheesh. Didn't see any downed trees. Did fall on the ice in the street twice :hmm3grin2orange: it is slippery!!! Could have been much worse, the wind wasn't as bad as predicted.

Here ya go...!

<------ anxiously waiting for more pics of snow.

This is after being plowed once...

PICT3265_zps9aba48ff.jpg

Car stuck...That'll be fun shoveling out!

PICT3266_zps161585ce.jpg

The pond...

PICT3270_zpsf4676d8a.jpg

My little dog is almost gone! lol...

PICT3273_zps47d88df2.jpg

The patio is buried...

PICT3275_zpsf5405e71.jpg

We got over 24"!..:msp_scared:

Dang guys, sorta hate to post this but we are making the turn, picking up more beer, and going to play the back 9. It's 55* here and bright sunshine/very few clouds but could be building. Short sleeve and I am hitting the ball like I haven't played in a year (which I haven't) but it's a good day to be outside enjoying life.....

So, how much do you guys have?

Uxbridge, MA: 18" to 24" - drifts 36" to 48". Power stayed on. Wife and I mostly hung out by the wood stove with the dogs; cleared the driveway last night and this morning. A pleasant adventure for us, but houses on the coast south of Boston got hammered with flooding.

9 Pm her on Long Island,lots of wind,snow has turned to ice/sleet/frozen rain,probably 4 to 5 inches on the ground,looks like more hype then reality.Saws,snow blower,Labatt blue,Jamesons and firewood for the old Vermont castings defiant stove,are ready!I agree,no big cities when mother nature reminds us who is really in charge!
Be safe and warm!
RR

Hype? Don't think so!!

Well I dug myself out with my Kubota L3130. This tractor is worth it's weight in gold to me! I didn't measure but I think we got in the 20"-25" range. I lost power last night around 5:30 and went to fire up my generator that ran fine for the hurricane and it has no compression. I shut it off when we got power back from the hurricane and stuck it in my garage. I'll have to check it out later. We went through the night ok, got cold in the house this morning. Luckily my buddy that lives about 10 miles away didn't loose power and was able to borrow his generator. Hope to have power back either later tonight or tomorrow.

snowblower drive belt failed, that was fun. was able to adjust it enough to kind of get it to work, at least enough to get out of my driveway. fortunately lowe's had one in stock. after that I was able to make paths to my various wood piles :)

15 hours later and I just got done. Did 10 places, took me a minimum 1 hour on each driveway. Drifts were over 4',Had to chop it down then hit it with the machine. Looks like we had about 28'' ay least it was light cause it was bitter cold all day. No breakdowns luckily. One recovery. My buddy next door was testing out hisnew plowon his 2500 Suburban when he got the plow hung up in the snowbank. Ive pulled lots of cars with my Tacoma, but nothing as big as that Sub. I was pulling himup a slight grade, packed snow on the pavement. Both trucks in 4 low, mine in first gear and the diff lock on. Let off the clutch and felft like I was pulling on a stone wall. Second time got a short running start he budged a bit. Third pull with bouncing off the rev limiter got him out:msp_wink: Never lost power, a ton of snow though!

After I got done plowing I took the snowmobile out on 24" of fresh powder. That sure is tough going for the first pass, but it will be nice once it gets packed down. Gotta get me a better helmet because my dirt bike helmet sure lets the cold air freeze my face!

Got anywhere from 12 to 16 inches here. Hard to tell with all
the drifts. Got some drifts over 4 feet. Power went out friday
night and back on last night sometime after midnight. The town
of Falmouth where i live is absolutly the worst for clearing snow.
They don't know there arse from there elbow. The roads are horrible
here and every ajoining town is fine.

Lee

Best friend just left my place, he came over with his wife and two little girls. My two girls and his two girls, wives, he and I all went sleigh ridding. Thanks NEMO! He and I both work too hard all the time, and this was the most fun we've had in a LONG TIME. Great day with great friends.

Back