Gecko Carbon fiber spikes!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmyblood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone else using these ? I'v had mine for three weeks now and will never go back.
Today I climbed ten 100'+ crane assisted trees for removal and don't get me wrong i was tired but wearing those spikes are like not having any on at all.
Sherrill tree is having a sale till the end of the month 15% off and a $25 gift certificate with purchas of the carbon fiber or the aluminum climbers.

Got mine early this year and wouldn't go back either, but even with a logger boot heel the shank is thick and contacts the limbs when stepping on them. Let me just say the carbon fiber is slicker than deer piss on plastic! and don't walk around in them cause they will get damaged much faster than steel or aluminum, though you shouldn't walk around with any spurs. My ground pounders hate 'em 'cause I don't mind doing 10+ hour days! hehehe

Was looking at them..

Did you get the ones that come with pads.. or maybe that is the only way they sell them.

What are the pads like..

From what you say.. 10 hrs in tree.. they sound to be pretty nice.

Was looking at them..

Did you get the ones that come with pads.. or maybe that is the only way they sell them.

What are the pads like..

From what you say.. 10 hrs in tree.. they sound to be pretty nice.

They come with everything. I love the pads... Better than "cadilac" cast aluminum pads. Very comfortable velcro works great actualy a little too well once and a while my lanyard gets stuck to them.

Doing lot's of removal's, huh?
Jeff ;)

We average 70% removals 30% trim,cable,plant ect...
My boss is more worried about making a few more bucks to remove trees than maintaining them. Witch is pretty dumb if you ask me. Can't get it through his head if we trim them we will be able to trim them again in a year or so. As long as you do a good job and eventually they'll need to be removed.

My boss is more worried about making a few more bucks to remove trees than maintaining them. Witch is pretty dumb if you ask me. Can't get it through his head if we trim them we will be able to trim them again in a year or so. As long as you do a good job and eventually they'll need to be removed.

My name is Jeff Lovstrom., Glad to meet you!
Jeff :)

Originally Posted by itsmyblood

Jeff

Wow Jeff that is the nicest thing I've seen you say since I joined this board that wasn't dripping with sarchasm. I must be honest that until now I was developing a disliking for you. But now seeing you have a respectible perspective on tree care, good business practice and ethics I must apologize so please forgive me for thinking less of you.
Scrat

Originally Posted by itsmyblood

Jeff

Wow Jeff that is the nicest thing I've seen you say since I joined this board that wasn't dripping with sarchasm. I must be honest that until now I was developing a disliking for you. But now seeing you have a respectible perspective on tree care, good business practice and ethics I must apologize so please forgive me for thinking less of you.
Scrat

Thanks! Now can you tell my wife! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
Jeff :D

Mucho! Sucks pulling out the hangers. Got to bid in extra time just to get it to the ground.
Jeff ;)

I here ya couldn't cut a straight piece if you tried. And the ground crew starts b#tching soon as they find out they have to chip sycamore.haha
break out the bandana's

shank is thick and contacts the limbs when stepping on them.

Is this a problem with the regular Geckos as well? I've been contemplating upgrading my spikes and this is the first remotely bad thing I've heard about the Geckos.

Back