Gee WIZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abramj

Just an average Joe
Reaction score
Guys, just picked up a WIZ. I was looking for an old saw and I think this one fits that requirement. Purchased it from a shop that had just gone out of business and had a pile of junk saws that didn't sell in the auction. In the middle, under a large storage shelf I saw this. Dug it out, and it had a maintenance tag: Get running, new bar and chain if we can find. Then in red over this was another note that sid the kit they had was dry rotted. The owner just left it there. It is complete, with exception of the muffler turnout. It even has a 22-24" Oregon bar that says Oregon Armortip Bar, engraved on both sides. This beast has 1/2" chain. The owner said it would run if you poured gas in the carb, but they didn't have a good kit for the carb, as best he could remember.

I'm cleaning it up, the fuel line on the outside is new, the inside is good, but pretty hard, air and fuel filters look good. Oiler works, bar looks ok, chain a driver are fairly worn.

Anyone know if I can get a carb kit for it?
New driver gear?
And do they even make 1/2" chain?

I will post a picture when I get the layers of grease off the gear drive unit.

Back