Get Rid of Aphids??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock2saws

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Halifax, Nova Scotia, by way of Three Rivers, TX
Hey guys,

Been reading the forums for awhile now, good stuff.

My neighbor asked me to take down a tree for him over the weekend. I asked him what the problem was and he said the aphids were driving him nuts and he wanted them out of his yard.

I told him I thought we could come up with a better solution than removing the tree, afterall, it's the aphids he really wants removed.

We live in a "pesticide-free" municipality. So, any natural methods of erradication?

Thanks fellas, (and ladies and others as might apply)

Cheers,
Brock

for natural control you can try releasing lady bugs, hard to keep them in your yard though..

Hey
I concure on both but it is hard to keep Lady Bugs in place without a net or green house over the plant so that is out
Safers is good but you got to hit the aphid or it is pointless
So it is a hard treat in a pesticide free zone
Depending on size prune off the new growth because that is where the aphid's suck
Good Luck!
John

Bee pollen will help keep the ladybugs around, also spraying the tree with water in the late afternoon/early evening will give them something to drink, often times they are stored in a reefer and they get a little thirsty. I have had decent success at keeping a few hundred on the site, though sometimes one needs to put about 2 or 3 bags of them out, according to the package thats around 3-4000 bugs.

howdy.... Bushman is on to it... try Neem oil if not perhaps white oil. small amounts diluted in water, i prefer the spray on approach.
add half cap dish liquid to creat film affect this stops beads forming and rolling of the trees natural resistance film.

hey thers always the sitting down with tweezers approach and picking them one by one every day untill you have wiped out the entire aphid population..lol..... lmfao. :)

hey theta, you get good neem oil down under, what is white oil . how big do neem and tea trees get there, tea tree is great on bug bites.:blob2:

Back