Get some!! With the ms440!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My friend that lives in the city,, has a neighbor across the street that paid some lowlife 700 dollars to do some tree work,,started on it for 2 days and never showed back..He hasnt heard or seen the dude since,,like he dissapeared off the face of the earth.Anyways he called me and asked me if I would want to finish the job for the wood..So I went Thursday and looked it over....I'm no pro by no means,,but that man was dangerous...Did a face cut,,if you want to call it that,, on a 35 foot maple,,and left it standing!!!!Said it been that way for 3 weeks now!!!Trimmed this big oak off a ladder,,and what kept him from being dead,,I couldnt explane...One part of the oak that is about 18 inches about 20 foot up the tree,,he cut almost all the way tru it and left around a 2 inch hinge...Folks,,,first thing I did was trow a rope around it and pulled it down..That was a death wish for anyone that would stand under that...The maple,,I cut above his face cut with the 346xp and brought it on down..
Had fun with the 440 trowin it in the oak,,it was 41 inches across,,and only a 28 inch bar had to cut on both sides...For Friday the 13th everything worked ok...
Felt bad for my friends neighbor that got ripped outta 700 dollars,,but seemed like alot of that stuff happened ..Wish people would check out a person's background really good...Damn good thing that man didnt get injured or killed,,that would have been a big mess for a person to go tru....
For me and what I get outta it? Some firewood,,and takin my Alaskan and Mini mill and get me some good boards from it...I think he paid enough and learned a good lession.....

attachment.php

Good for you to do that for someone. I still think the Old west way of justice was better. Someone screws ya, hunt them down and take care of it.

Cool pic, nice lookin 440!

TY Bowtie.

Yeah,,,I agree,,damn shame you got these fly by nighters preyin on people,,especially the older folks........
I always enjoy all my saws,,,but for work,,The 346xp and the ms440 gets the brunt of it...
If it dont rain tomorrow,,I'l start millin with the 2186...I cant say I have any bad saws,,some are slower,,,but havent ever failed me yet.....
Gotta lot of hours on the ms440 now,,you cant really tell in the pic. but the power head looks great,,*I'm really picky about takin care of my saws* but the bar wear you can tell....It's gettin old,,but still screams tru the wood... Last comp check I did holdin around 150 psi...

sounds like they got what they paid for.

hire a yahoo,you get yahoo results.lucky they were able to get a respectable gentleman over there in the end.

Props to you! Good pic. I wonder if the original loser started that job and realized it was beyond his skill-level and just walked away from it, stealing the money in the process? What a lame situation.

So glad it's finished today!!!!

Great, good deal for helping them out. Post some pics of the milling and the boards you got out of it.

Thanks,

Lex

7 pickup loads folks....From pieces cut up for firewood and milled cants...Glad I dont want to have anymore babies,,,that stuff was heavy!!!

Just wanted to share the last of the day,,and that wood,,,,reminds me of a laminated gun stocks you see ...Really pretty wood.............
Vid of the jerd 2186 with the mini mill for Lex..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3q37Rn1Js8

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Excellent job! Gorgeous wood!

I hate to see the old folks get preyed upon. Had one call me last week to come bid a very dead tree. Some scumbag had took money up front, cut two limbs and walked away. The older folks seem so much more trusting. Hate to see them get screwed. Back in there time people's word meant something and folks did business on a handshake. Wish it were still true today.

Thank you....

Very nice!

:clap:

I did the job for the wood and it was hard work,,but all worked out good....Best part of the day before I left,,,Melvin,,,he put his arm around me and said I dont know what I would have done without you gettin this tree outta here....I know he got took from that bum that took that job in the first place and he still isnt found...It's ashame,,but all it really cost me was my spare time,,gas and oil,,and travel....I loved doing that,,and it was hard work,,but fun too!!! You wouldnt believe how many people came to watch me mill...
So far the 2186 is doing a great job milling....Havent let me down yet....I kept feeling the clutch area,,and top and bottom,,and it ran cool enough it didnt burn my hand...So glad I bought that saw......

I did the job for the wood and it was hard work,,but all worked out good....Best part of the day before I left,,,Melvin,,,he put his arm around me and said I dont know what I would have done without you gettin this tree outta here....I know he got took from that bum that took that job in the first place and he still isnt found...It's ashame,,but all it really cost me was my spare time,,gas and oil,,and travel....I loved doing that,,and it was hard work,,but fun too!!! You wouldnt believe how many people came to watch me mill...
So far the 2186 is doing a great job milling....Havent let me down yet....I kept feeling the clutch area,,and top and bottom,,and it ran cool enough it didnt burn my hand...So glad I bought that saw......

That's good to hear. Had some fun, got some nice wood and helped out a good dude. I have a 2095 I got for cheap for when I get my act together enough to start doing some milling.

:cheers:

that grain is amazing!

glad to know there's still a few of us goodguys out there! Kudos to you my friend.

Latest posts

Back