getting certified

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Col2y

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
this is more pertaining to canadian arborists, more specificly in ontario but anyone that could help that would be great

Im not a certified arborst but wish to get my tickets and my ISA cert (dont judge im not a weekend warrior/tree cowboy). Ive been climbing for 4 years now for the same guy, but recently changed employers, due to a falling out, dont work with friends kind of situation.

my question is, how do i get certified? my old boss never would give me a staight answer on this, he being an ex davey boy i know he got certed by them, but without a big company backing me, do i need a certain amount of hours before i can write the test? which i have but i dont think he would sign off on.

i have all the knowledge of a certified arborist but its hard to do anything in this world without a peice of paper saying that i do

any help or links would be greatly appriciated

They ask for 3 years experience, and you may need a letter of reference to back that up.

Pick up the ISA Arborist Certification Study Guide on the ISA site, it's a great aid. I'm writing on May 6th just North of Toronto and studying my ass off with a combination of the Study Guide, J Ferrarr's "Tree's of Canada" as well as pests/diseases and fert/spray math. ISA Ontario charges 225$ for non ISA members to write the test (assuming you are writing your Arborist and not Tree Worker).

Latest posts

Back