Getting ready for INDIANA GTG on the 10th(PICS)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you attending this gtg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Pictures? WTF.

Glad you guys had a good time.

My day sucked......

How the job thing go today. Glad you back to work.
I maybe in the same boat you were in.
They're going to lay off 40 at my work. I might be on the list. But I welcome it myself.
Since I figure I can make it on unemployment and I can go back to school.

How the job thing go today. Glad you back to work.
I maybe in the same boat you were in.
They're going to lay off 40 at my work. I might be on the list. But I welcome it myself.
Since I figure I can make it on unemployment and I can go back to school.

Well driving to Whiteing today in the moron 500 just set the mood!

SOS, safety bs, that I have heard a gazillion times.

Hope you dodge the layoff, things are tough right now.

Really wanted to be able to meet everyone today, but maybe next time.

May cut wood tomorrow, as a guy I know has got a big tree down and he don't have a big enough saw to do it.

50" oak he said!

Well driving to Whiteing today in the moron 500 just set the mood!

SOS, safety bs, that I have heard a gazillion times.

Hope you dodge the layoff, things are tough right now.

Really wanted to be able to meet everyone today, but maybe next time.

May cut wood tomorrow, as a guy I know has got a big tree down and he don't have a big enough saw to do it.

50" oak he said!

Too bad your not closer. I've got a saw big enough. lol

attachment.php

left to right: super3,breymeyerfam,ericjeeper,russ61
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well, first I got to see if he calls and says he can do it tomorrow.

Second, we will see if it really is 50" or if he's exaggerating.

Third, I would love to see you guy's really big saw's tear into it.

But.... I have done em that big with my 575xp and I know the SXL925 will get-er-done also.

This was my first GTG and man was it fun. Weather wasn't great, but it couldn't of went off better.

My only regret was I was so late (thanks to crappy yahoo directions I know the back roads round Levi's house very well now) and missed some of the cutting.
Also I really wanted to try a cut or two (if it was okay with you) with your 361. Just heard some much about them.

Thanks for having us out and thanks for good food and door prizes.

Sorry you didn't get to run the 361, i would have been ashamed to let you run it with the chain that was on it. any time you want to, its available. you also missed runnin the ms180, it was in top notch today. actually, the only saw I was kinda proud of was the 660.

Ps: also just noticed banshee wasn't in any pics.... sorry banshee.

Last edited:
The way we were dressed and standing

You would have thought it was wet and cold at Levis huh?
Oh Levi tell Crystal my wife said "Next time I hope they have vegetable soup"
LOL
But Crystal beans and cornbread was some good eats.
As for Banshee not being any of the pics.. Well he had his own camera strapped to his neck all day.. Never once used it LOL
It was a good day to be out with other rednecks doing what rednecks do second best, as no beer was consumed.
The drive home was slow and tedious.With only one tail slide coming off a bridge on 74./ Believe me when you get a long bed dually crewcab starting to go sideways,it is a lot like a school bus coming down the road.

Sounds like it was a good time, was it snowing down there? It snowed like hell here today, we got about a foot or so.

Hey Super, did you make it home yet or did you get sidetracked again, lol:cheers:

I rolled in bout 30 min. ago. This trip took me right by my "detour".
Thanks Levi,even tho we didn't have a big turn out(which I expected due to the weather) still met a few new faces.
Thanks for the shots Eric,may have to look further into that 45-90

Your right eric about the 458 it is necked down. But I looked at the hunting rule book and it doesn't mention anything about necked down bullets. Just has to be a pistol caliber that's .357 diameter or larger, longer than 1.16, shorter than 1.625.

It goes to mention these calibers.

.357 Magnum
.38-40 Winchester
.41 Magnum
.41 Special
.44 Magnum
.44 Special
.44-.40 Winchester
.45 Colt
.454 Casull
.458 SOCOM
.480 Ruger
.475 Linebaugh
.50 Action Express
.500 S&W

There are others, but they use these as examples. Sounds like if it is bigger than a 357 and smaller than a 500 s&w mag than it works.

I re read the book today.

You are correct about the necked down part. But how many pistols shoot a necked down bullet? They always refer to a rifle shooting a pistol caliber.
Your right Eric about the 458 it is necked down. But I looked at the hunting rule book and it doesn't mention anything about necked down bullets. Just has to be a pistol caliber that's .357 diameter or larger, longer than 1.16, shorter than 1.625.

It goes to mention these calibers.

.357 Magnum
.38-40 Winchester
.41 Magnum
.41 Special
.44 Magnum
.44 Special
.44-.40 Winchester
.45 Colt
.454 Casull
.458 SOCOM
.480 Ruger
.475 Linebaugh
.50 Action Express
.500 S&W

There are others, but they use these as examples. Sounds like if it is bigger than a 357 and smaller than a 500 s&w mag than it works.

Back