giant Ash down in storm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
Reaction score
firewoodin a huge ash tree on buddies farm that came down in storm the other week
i only snapped a couple ####ty pics but will take a few more next time i go back, this thing is huge , it was in a field so it didnt get very tall, but the base , before splitting into the top, is at least 5ft across , missing from the pic is the other 3rd of the trunk which fell to the right of this pic,into his neighbors field, truly a massive ash tree
i got 1 full cord out of it already, from only 2 of the branches, the smallest lead is about 16"diameter, the trunk had a lot of rot in it, but the branches are all solid as can be, should be at least 4-5 cords just in the tops alone (including part on neighbors side)

P1040316Medium.jpg

P1040320Medium.jpg

it's always nice to get free ash!!!!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

then work on it and make it smaller...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

The ash-hole may be a bit rotten and maybe smelly, but once you man up and push past the first 6-7 inches its usually pretty nice.

Uh. We're still talking about that tree, right?

Ash is Ash

After a few beers,on a cold winters night, who cares how ugly it is??? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: Nice score man"

wow derailed that post huh?... sorry man i couldn't help it.. anyhow nice score....

I have eight cords of ash down in the back yard, it's excellent firewood with good btu output. By all means an excellent score!

Back