Ginormous Trees Series ... my print project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Reaction score
Already shared at least one of these photos, but here's all 3 of a series this year. I had hundreds of photos already with men .., and wanted some with women. Realizing the shots with men had mostly dark clothing, I decided to go for bright fabric and dresses. At least two of these are already on my new photography site. I ordered a test print today of the blue dress version ... 20" x 30" to check brightness on paper. Want that one darker though, to give a real sense of the place.

Red is the 7th largest tree on Earth ... yellow is with the 40,000 lb. burl ... blue is one of the largest Cathedral redwoods in the redwood parks. Even 11 x 14 doesn't quite do it for either of these. At 16 x 20 these look remarkable. Still pretty cool at web sharing size.

attachment.php

attachment.php

showthread.php

Last edited:
Saved one photo showing the LED light panel I used for the blue dress and red dress photos. The yellow was just natural light. The LED light panel has about 500 LEDs and is more mellow than a strobe.

Last edited:
fantastic photos, I need to get up into some coastal groves, the area looks beautiful.

The best season arrives like this week. Autumn is arriving and I hear the rain is going to drop on the redwood forest.

Will be there for 3 days. Leaving tonight.

:msp_smile:

Very nice pictures. I wish I could come and see them this fall again. Maybe next year.

Back