Gippsland or victoria australia GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason i sold the last one was,i used it for two years,didnt like the soft AV,it was my first stratto didnt like the way it took so long to get into the rev range compared to 440,460s and then a mate offered very good money for it so i sold it to him.I love my 460 but from what i have seen and been told a ported 441 M Tronic has a lot going for it including heaps of torque which is king over here.The way i see it is for a work saw its got a lot going for it,keeping the standard w/o revs,more useable torque over a larger rev range,fuel economy ever after porting,good filter system,no choke easy cold starting,dont even have to tune it .What more can you wont.
The only things i would do to it is add large twin bumpper spikes,roller chain catcher,stiffer AV and a 20'' GB Ti bar.:)

.... large twin bumpper spikes,roller chain catcher...

those with cost well over $50 in retail, might as well as get the wrap model for $50 more and sell the parts you dont want.

or just forget the 441 and get one of these :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
those with cost well over $50 in retail, might as well as get the wrap model for $50 more and sell the parts you dont want.

or just forget the 441 and get one of these :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

That's one sweet looking saw :D

90% sure there will be a 10 inch lucas mill at the GTG!

Haven't been on the forum for a while been too damn busy, but can't wait to see a few guys and their saws. I have plenty of wood to cut even if there isn't any coupes open which I will find out about this week! Hoping to go and check out our campground this weekend and will post a google map reference for it if it is all good.

90% sure there will be a 10 inch lucas mill at the GTG!

Haven't been on the forum for a while been too damn busy, but can't wait to see a few guys and their saws. I have plenty of wood to cut even if there isn't any coupes open which I will find out about this week! Hoping to go and check out our campground this weekend and will post a google map reference for it if it is all good.

Ok just checked google maps and it doesn't have enough detail for what we need so I will find another way even if I post a copy of a fire map.

google earth will give gps co-ords :p

you can type gps co-ords into a browser address line and it will give you a map everytime :p

Last edited:
OK 100 percent sure there will be a 10 inch lucas there! Get as many guys as you can keen! will also be a guy representing Timberking bandsaws there at this stage. going to try to contact a few other interesting mobs to be there as well.

only 7 weeks to go now

7 busy as fark weeks for me! I know of at least 3 interstate trips between now and then and have to try to tee up the DSE and Make sure we can camp where we want to be able to etc. and got birthdays and stuff between now and then!

must say though it is starting to get exciting!!!

Looking for cheap flights for the friday 16th and monday 19th

not good at the moment as I could import a new saw cheaper

Ok to make things a bit more interesting at work we sell skid steers so I am trying to hijack our demo machine for moving logs and such at the event! Might be an opportunity for a few guys to have a look at one as well, and assess whether they could use one or not. Will also be a bloke representing timberking bandsaws as well.

Not trying to make a field day out of it just trying to include things we might be interested in seeing.

Latest posts

Back