Girls on tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsrover

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My wife actually. Driving the Kubota like no one's business!
That her new Salsco chipper too. I keep telling her it's her Christmas present but she's not buying it!

tractor.jpg

Jim

she looks awful happy sittin up there! good on you! good girls wanting to go outside are getting rarer than chickens teeth....mines in the housse :(
-Ralph

mine will go to the woods with me and help pickup and stack the wood, but she won't run a saw. I could probably never get here on something like that.....

To be honest with you I've never gotten it stuck so bad I had to get a tug out. It's pretty good in the muck and if you really get in trouble you can push yourself out with the bucket.

Yeah, she's a keeper. She won't run a saw but she runs the chipper and loads/moves/stacks wood right along side me. It works well with her running the chipper and me the saw...I'll knock it down, trim all the limbs and while I'm bucking it up in stove length she chips the brush. Makes for quick work!

Yeah, its easier than people think to get it stuck. One time I sank in peat moss, every time I tried to bucket out I was just digging a bigger hole. Pulled the brushog off. And then another, was going down a big hill, couldnt see the bottom, there was a tree, that feel over, on the bottom that railroaded the bottom of the tractor, the bucket just pulled the bark off. Had to ccut the tree up, disconnect PTO and get out. But otherwise 4wd are really nice.

gumneck said:
Very nice, nothins hotter than a woman on a tractor. Cept a woman on a tractor bringing you a sammich.

Unless she be buck neckid :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

sheesh, what a tiny tractor :jester: used to seeing those house-sized valmets and others around here... but must be a nice in woods....

:cheers: :cheers: For yer girl, those who get out and do real work are rare nowadays

Great pic!

You're a lucky guy to have a wife who is willing to get out and play with power equipment. My wife will hike all day, geocache in the freakin' swamp in the dead of summer, and can till the garden with a spading fork as fast as I can my Ariens Rocket tiller. But playing with saws and chippers, or splitting wood, no luck so far. Oh well, can't win 'em all...

haha thats great! my dad actually bought my mom a kubota for Christmas back in the late 80s! She use to mow the fields with it and did everything with it.

On another note, how safe is that chipper??? I personally would be scared to put anything through it if anyone was around! I guess I am use to working around other people... What happens if you have a really big branch that you are trying to push through? Do you have to duck to make sure you don't get peppered? :confused:

ranchjn said:
haha thats great! my dad actually bought my mom a kubota for Christmas back in the late 80s! She use to mow the fields with it and did everything with it.

On another note, how safe is that chipper??? I personally would be scared to put anything through it if anyone was around! I guess I am use to working around other people... What happens if you have a really big branch that you are trying to push through? Do you have to duck to make sure you don't get peppered? :confused:

Common sense and experience would indicate that the discharge chute moves to either side. Common sense would also suggest that while the tractor is in motion you keep the chute to the rear or travel position to prevent tearing it off on an obstacle.

Yeah, that's right...The exhaust chute swivles 360 deg.

That's really a heck of a chipper if anyone's looking. They call it a 4" but it'll take a bit larger if it's mostly straight. It's got a very nice automatic feed system that senses the rpm and stops and starts the in-feed roller if it starts to bog down. If I get a chance I'll take a movie of it at work and post it up.

Jim

Hmmm

I am not sure if she is a she but its on a tractor!

I see this pair quite often in the summer on my way to and from the woodlot.
attachment.php

I could get killed for this

computeruser said:
Great pic!

You're a lucky guy to have a wife who is willing to get out and play with power equipment. My wife will hike all day, geocache in the freakin' swamp in the dead of summer, and can till the garden with a spading fork as fast as I can my Ariens Rocket tiller. But playing with saws and chippers, or splitting wood, no luck so far. Oh well, can't win 'em all...

SWMBO love to play with power tools.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi Folks, here is another one....

the tractor is a few days older

On the way to the woodlot with the security officers ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back